D&D General What's the most problematic D&D player you've ever played with?

Catulle

Hero
I mean, I wish I was better than that, but the English get so very put out and it's funny and... awww, bollocks, it happened again...

Catulle

Hero
There is definitely a gaelic word for "being enough of a right prick that it's not worth engaging" - I'm pretty sure that's also the name of a god, though, so...

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
The guy who kept interrupting everyone else, putting his character constantly in the middle of things and tried to ignore the plot (or was unable to follow it, not sure). Only person I ever removed from a table game.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
A few years ago I did note that I had not seen CPM for many years. It used to be that I could expect to run into him at any large gathering of gamers, but these days I don't expect to see him. Same thing with ass cracks. My wife used to make fun of the gaming store because almost every time we'd go in she'd be treated to an eyeful of crack ahoy. But in the last few years, someone must have been (heh) cracking down on that kind of thing because it's a rare sight these days. Maybe this is just a positive side effect of the demographic change in gaming?
It is more likely that those people,who can't get along with society, do not leave their home much at all anymore and play online.

Weiley31

Legend
Haven't had the "luxury" of experiencing this as a player. But then I started playing with my main group last year and not with really anybody else outside of it until recently.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I have a friend who is lovely human being, but a very poor fit for most of the games we play. He has the tendency to over invest in a character, put too much of himself into play, and often ends up avoiding the point of playing whatever we are playing to the point where the other players have to try to coax him to take action. If he personally would not believe something or take a particular action he has a trouble playing a character who would even if that's a prerequisite for the game we are playing.

Libertad

Hero
Back around middle to high school we had a new player who wanted to rape the first woman NPC the party encountered. The rest of the party didn't let him, which is the only silver lining in this story.

For a time I thought that this was adolescent immaturity and that a lot of gamers would grow out of it, but apparently this isn't an age-specific issue. :(

In a close second but different kind of toxicity we once had a player who wanted to play one of the more notable higher-powered NPCs in a Forgotten Realms campaign, fussed when he couldn't, and tried to kill the other PCs because they wouldn't go along with his very ill-considered plans.

Remove ads