Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I like how they are handling the taint in the one power. We see the darkness mixed in with the light when men use it. I'm also wondering if that light we see weaving about is only visible to other one power users of the same gender.

I like how they are handling the taint in the one power. We see the darkness mixed in with the light when men use it. I'm also wondering if that light we see weaving about is only visible to other one power users of the same gender.
One of the characters in Ep 4 makes a comment about not being able to see the other gender's weaves.

I win again, Lews Therin.
Nyah, Shaitan, it was I, the Dragon, all along!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
One of the characters in Ep 4 makes a comment about not being able to see the other gender's weaves.
Yeah. I'm wondering, though, if that light we see is the weave or if it's a byproduct of the magic being done, and we aren't really seeing the weave. Remember, the weaves were the various elements and spirit all woven together in specific ways, not simply streamers of light.

Yeah. I'm wondering, though, if that light we see is the weave or if it's a byproduct of the magic being done, and we aren't really seeing the weave. Remember, the weaves were the various elements and spirit all woven together in specific ways, not simply streamers of light.
Dunno ... I've been assuming it's the weaves and we can't tell what elements they are yet (some color-coding for air, water, etc would be nice). Maybe we'll learn more as the female characters get to Tar Valon and become novices.

Zardnaar

Legend
Special effects are movie quality. GoT and Mandalorian looked good but they're not at this level.

Can't remember if they gestured in the books or not.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Special effects are movie quality. GoT and Mandalorian looked good but they're not at this level.

Can't remember if they gestured in the books or not.
Some did and some didn't. If you learned a gesture as part of the weave, you had often couldn't unlearn it and used it forever. So some women had to gesture as they "threw" balls of fire. Others did not.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Some did and some didn't. If you learned a gesture as part of the weave, you had often couldn't unlearn it and used it forever. So some women had to gesture as they "threw" balls of fire. Others did not.
IIRC, the 3E Wheel of Time RPG that WotC put out based on D&D rules did a really good job with modeling the Channeling, adapting the rules to the Setting. They did interesting stuff with mechanics like Components and Spell Slots.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
IIRC, the 3E Wheel of Time RPG that WotC put out based on D&D rules did a really good job with modeling the Channeling, adapting the rules to the Setting. They did interesting stuff with mechanics like Components and Spell Slots.
I bought it! Never played it, though. My group isn't into the series like I am.

Remove ads