Wheel of Time - No Spoilers

TheSword

Legend
If you want other examples of gratuitous magic use in live action, this comes to mind:
giphy.gif
Yes, I agree the Star Wars films have a lot of telekinesis, a little bit of lightning, some divination and a few suggestions.

It’s the closed live action media I’ve seen to that kind of magic before WOT came along. Though it’s restricted to just a very small handful of people.

Yes, I agree the Star Wars films have a lot of telekinesis, a little bit of lightning, some divination and a few suggestions.

It’s the closed live action media I’ve seen to that kind of magic before WOT came along. Though it’s restricted to just a very small handful of people.
I expect there won't be much more in WoT. The probably spent their magic budget on the first episode.

Stalker0

Legend
6 episodes in, again a pretty decent ride so far. But ultimately its just....ok. For the $10 million/episode pricetag I keep hearing thrown around, I feel like the studio is not getting their bang for the buck by any margin.

But for me just enjoying my streaming service, its been fine.

MarkB

Legend
6 episodes in, again a pretty decent ride so far. But ultimately its just....ok. For the $10 million/episode pricetag I keep hearing thrown around, I feel like the studio is not getting their bang for the buck by any margin.

But for me just enjoying my streaming service, its been fine.
I enjoyed the last episode more than the preceding ones, but yeah, it's still not really a priority for me to catch up with.

Dave Goff

Explorer
I'm enjoying the show. As I've mentioned in various places, I see it as an alternative world, or different spin of the wheel, from the books I've read- there are similarities and the story has many common elements, but it's a different world.

That said, I do feel like a lot of the things that I loved in the books have been left out. I don't mean huge scenes, rather small things like how the Fal Darans should have called out to Lan with his full name and title. I really wanted to hear Taishar Malkier because it sets up reason for them to call the Two Rivers folks Taishar Manatheran.

I mean, huge scenes have been left out but I understand that, given that they have to wrap up a huge book in 8 episodes. I just wish they were focusing on the flavor bits rather than the soap opera-ish drama. I guess it must have been the parts the focus groups liked. LOL.
(edited to fix minor typos)

Last edited:

Remove ads