D&D 5E "When (or If) I play(ed) in multiple 5E D&D games, I'd want them to all use the same rules/house rules." (a poll)

"When (or If) I play in multiple 5E D&D games, I want them to all use the same rules/house rules."

• True.

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • False.

Votes: 89 88.1%

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
House rules fall into two categories for me - ones to improve gameplay/fix rules, like drinking a potion only takes a bonus action, and ones to provide a unique feel for a particular game, like this sandbox exploration game is using gritty rest and a few others or that game is using some wuxia-inspired ideas for fantastical effort based on skill proficiency.

The first part I wish was part of the rules, so I wish it was in every game.

The second part completely defeats the purpose if it's in every game.

I'd rather try things that are unique and fresh than have a few tweaks to the system, so I voted false.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Let's say you are one of the lucky few to have the time to play in more than on 5E game at a time. If that is or were the case would the following statement be true or false for you:

"When (or If) I play in multiple 5E D&D games, I want them to all use the same rules/house rules."
Not me.

I don’t even use the same rules and homebrew when I’m the one running multiple games.

aco175

Legend
Want them to- sure, and I would expect them to if I was playing with my normal group and another player was the DM. If I went to another table of people, I would expect some to be different and some that I could steal or hate.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I play in two groups right now and I am DMing in both.

In one, it is heavily house-ruled with experienced players.
In the second, it is RAW with relatively new players. I might incorporate house-rules later as they gain more experience.

Remove ads