• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When will we hear from WOTC about our fantasy submission(s)?

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
Presumably July 3 or soon thereafter. They mentioned they would have the 10 semifinalists selected by the 3rd and would contact everyone who submitted.

Just a couple days, now. Sit tight. :)

My guess is they'll contact at least the 10 semifinalists by the 3rd so they can get this insanity behind them and enjoy the four day weekend here in the States. :)

I'll be very very surprised if they send out 19,990 rejection emails.

I think we'll all be hanging out waiting on the fourth and the fifth thinking: "Maybe they had to mail mine. Yea, yea ... they mailed mine." and won't realize we've lost until one of our brothers in arms here on the boards gets on to post: "WOO HOO! I changed my username so nobody knows who I am, but I'm one of the 10!!!"

And yea, come ye and witness, like thunder the sound, as the chariots of the host of Vym, the breaking of 19,990 hearts.

--HT

mmadsen

First Post
I'll be very very surprised if they send out 19,990 rejection emails.

Why? I mean, beyond the fact that many people might not have put their e-mail address on their cover page.

I think we'll all be hanging out waiting on the fourth and the fifth thinking: "Maybe they had to mail mine. Yea, yea ... they mailed mine." and won't realize we've lost until one of our brothers in arms here on the boards gets on to post: "WOO HOO! I changed my username so nobody knows who I am, but I'm one of the 10!!!"

I see a cruel, cruel trick on the horizon...

Tallow

First Post
Second Round Initiation Delayed

This is on the WotC website

The New Fantasy Setting
Search Second Round Delayed
Due to Overwhelming Response

Due to the extraordinary response to our search for a new fantasy setting, Wizards of the Coast will push back the date for initiating the second round of proposals. A committee of experts from WotC will read and review all the submissions made and will make its decision by the end of the first week in August. Those whose submissions have been selected for further development into ten-page proposals will be notified by that time.

To date we've received more than 10,000 submissions in our search. This is both overwhelming and amazing. We're tremendously excited by the enthusiasm of those submitting and by the high quality of many of the submissions. It's testimony to the vitality and creativity of the gaming community. Now we want to take the necessary time to make sure we give all proposals the best consideration possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

drothgery

First Post
Aeolius said:

What four day weekend? Some of us have to work on the 4th. ;)

And many of us didn't get the 5th off, and so had to take a day of vacation (which I'm doing -- and cutting out of work early tommorow).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads