New Warhammer Old World TTRPG Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG.

420534260_773711628132288_1517455038539161216_n.jpg

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG--this one based on Warhammer: The Old World. Press release below, more news as/when we hear it!

Celebrated game publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced development of a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Speaking in the UK at Warhammer World’s launch event for Warhammer: The Old World, Cubicle 7’s Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Cubicle 7 has an impressive roster of licensed Games Workshop Roleplaying Games, including the award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, set in the later era of Karl Franz. Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years.

Warhammer: The Old World is a miniatures battle game set in the past of the Known World.

TheSword

Legend
Do you have a link to the Discord?
Here you go Mark.

It should last a day or two. A great community and lots of interaction with the Devs which is great and a very good unofficial FAQ the community has put together from Dev comments.

TheSword

Legend
I actually don’t care about which system adventure are released in. Stuff is easy to convert and if the art, maps, NPCs etc are as good as 4e then we will be lucky lucky folks. Adventures should transfer over very easily it’s only 200 years difference.

Last edited:

teitan

Legend
It interests me somewhat, but more because I want to see WotC and Gameswork Shop merge, but increasingly without the parasitic Hasbro attached, so it makes sense to do future Warhammer RPG products as 5e.
Warhammer fans think GW is parasitic so... danged if you do, danged if you don't but GW isn't going to let it become a 5e setting.

teitan

Legend
Wizards has multiple video game studios like Archetype, Toque, Magic Arena, etc...

And the Black Library is still in better shape then WotC's ability to produce novels.
I don't see a good video game maker, or successful one, on this list. Magic Arena is a GAME developed in house yes but none of the WOTC run studios have shown a strong ability to develop AAA games. GW has partnered with several studios for a strong video game portfolio. WOTC hasn't had a strong D&D since Neverwinter Nights 2 until Larian made BG3.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
@MNblockhead i meant to ask what you are running for WFRP 4e? Is it a homebrew campaign or are you using any of the published stuff?
Just ran the starter set "Making the Rounds". Life got in the way with change of jobs and move. I was originally planning on running more of an Ubersreik area sandbox, as I was a player in an Enemy Within campaign. But now, I'm thinking or running some adventures that get them travelling towards Altdorf and running the Enemy Within Campaign. Happy to discuss more but would likely need a lot of spoiler tags. I've purchased everything Cubicle 7 put out in Foundry and also have the mod with all the community created maps.

At this point I'm planning on mostly using the published stuff with some tweaks here and there. As I get more comfortable with the system, I may throw in some home brew, but I'm looking foward to trying to run the Enemy Within campaign. But I have enough materials to mix published and community stuff to homebrew a more sandbox game if we aren't feeling the enemy within.

The Ratcatcher's Guild on Discord published a webzine where I've also collected a number of short adventures. There are also both official and community conversions of 1e and 2e adventures. Looking at the official Cubicle 7 conversion guide, it doesn't look like it would be hard to convert old material on my own, but I think I would want to do it in advance, not on the fly.

For now, I'm trying to keep my prep time low by going with stuff I already have in Foundry. Once my life settles down and I have more time, and am more comfortable with the system, I'll likely start homebrewing.

TheSword

Legend
Just ran the starter set "Making the Rounds". Life got in the way with change of jobs and move. I was originally planning on running more of an Ubersreik area sandbox, as I was a player in an Enemy Within campaign. But now, I'm thinking or running some adventures that get them travelling towards Altdorf and running the Enemy Within Campaign. Happy to discuss more but would likely need a lot of spoiler tags. I've purchased everything Cubicle 7 put out in Foundry and also have the mod with all the community created maps.

At this point I'm planning on mostly using the published stuff with some tweaks here and there. As I get more comfortable with the system, I may throw in some home brew, but I'm looking foward to trying to run the Enemy Within campaign. But I have enough materials to mix published and community stuff to homebrew a more sandbox game if we aren't feeling the enemy within.

The Ratcatcher's Guild on Discord published a webzine where I've also collected a number of short adventures. There are also both official and community conversions of 1e and 2e adventures. Looking at the official Cubicle 7 conversion guide, it doesn't look like it would be hard to convert old material on my own, but I think I would want to do it in advance, not on the fly.

For now, I'm trying to keep my prep time low by going with stuff I already have in Foundry. Once my life settles down and I have more time, and am more comfortable with the system, I'll likely start homebrewing.
Awesome. Sounds excellent. I’ve got two campaigns running in the Old World currently. Both with @GuyBoy. The Enemy Within which is about half way through part 3 and an Ubersreik campaign mixed up with Rough Nights and Hard Days. The party have just completed Day at the Trials and are about to start Heart of Vane.

At the same time I’m running Paizo’s Skull and Shackles in the WFRP 4e system reskinned for Lustria. 3rd session on Sunday and everyone is loving it.

Also converting Dragonheist/Keys from the Golden Vault to the system as well. I was really hoping for Light Fingers and Deft Steps to have been released by now. But should still be plenty of time.

Happy to discuss anything you’d like. The Enemy Within is one of those rare campaigns that just doesn’t disappoint. Utterly epic.

Remove ads

Remove ads