New Warhammer Old World TTRPG Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG.

420534260_773711628132288_1517455038539161216_n.jpg

Cubicle 7 has announced another Warhammer tabletop RPG--this one based on Warhammer: The Old World. Press release below, more news as/when we hear it!

Celebrated game publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment has announced development of a new roleplaying game based on Games Workshop’s recently launched Warhammer: The Old World.

Speaking in the UK at Warhammer World’s launch event for Warhammer: The Old World, Cubicle 7’s Dominic McDowall said, “Exploring a new era with Warhammer: The Old World is an honour and a privilege. As huge fans of the classic Warhammer setting we’re thrilled to be working with Games Workshop on the new chapter of such a beloved setting.”

Cubicle 7 has an impressive roster of licensed Games Workshop Roleplaying Games, including the award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, set in the later era of Karl Franz. Fans of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay can rest assured it will continue as its own game line, with many, many releases already scheduled for the coming years.

Warhammer: The Old World is a miniatures battle game set in the past of the Known World.

Scribe

Legend
I'm not talking about merging the settings, I'm talking about expertise and infastructure sharing, look at how many novels and anthologies get released for the Black Library every year, even Blood Bowl has some novels at one point. Also Warhammer has its own factories and us building another one, value expertize. WotC has video game, TTRPG, TCG, etc..., expertize to offer.

Wizards...doesnt have any more video game experience than GW, and GW has (via outsourced) many many RPG books. There is nothing for Wizards to add.

As far as managing their product line, GW is good at making just enough product to convince people they MAY be able to buy it, before it sells out, and their publishing arm is a shadow of what it once was, while also being unable to actually provide the hard covers to meet demand.

I'm failing to see how this combination of companies makes any sense.

Wizards...doesnt have any more video game experience than GW, and GW has (via outsourced) many many RPG books. There is nothing for Wizards to add.

As far as managing their product line, GW is good at making just enough product to convince people they MAY be able to buy it, before it sells out, and their publishing arm is a shadow of what it once was, while also being unable to actually provide the hard covers to meet demand.

Wizards has multiple video game studios like Archetype, Toque, Magic Arena, etc...

And the Black Library is still in better shape then WotC's ability to produce novels.

Scribe

Legend
Wizards has multiple video game studios like Archetype, Toque, Magic Arena, etc...

And the Black Library is still in better shape then WotC's ability to produce novels.

All it would take is for Wizards (Hasbro) to open the purse strings, and they could have as many novels going as Black Library. As far as whatever Wizards owns in Video Game studios, if its not BG3 tier, I'm really not interested. :D

GreyLord

Legend

I haven't bought a hardcopy of Warhammer for a while. I have the HH series on Kindle and many of the Siege of Terra books on Audio (which I buy directly from the Black Library site). I imagine they may also be making a pretty penny off of ebook and audio book sales these days.

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
So nothing confirmed as of yet,
Have they said if they are going to use the WFRP system or the Soulbound system which the Laundry will also use?
there is barely any chatter on their different discords but it is sounding higher power than Warhammer Fantasy. I am thinking they are going to use the soulbound rules since those are better for representing wargame heros

mserabian

Explorer
really looking forward to this. loved warhammer fantasy role-play 1st edition but 4e has turned the crunch up way to high for me... Hope they go with a simpler more heroic system.

Remove ads

Remove ads