Where can I find ENworld's PW (persistant world) on NWN?

Greylock

First Post
*sigh*

I regret that I haven't done my part lately, but what I said above is true. I'm going to have some major surgery soon, and was planning on spending my recuperation in a fantasy world. I will miss the familiar faces from ENWorld, but I would really like to return to Chainmail. Do you know anyone else running it 24/7?

The only other persistant world that vaguely intrigues me is The Silver Marches, but the Chainmail mod is by far my fave.

Chaz

First Post
I think interest in it has pretty much evaporated, to be honest.
No you are wrong about that. Its a blast and I spend hours at a time there. I see other occasionaly, but they usualy enjoy it also. The only thing slowing down new players i think is the lack of goods at the shops or ability to upgrade items...

But... since the mod is only beta 4, and internaly the mod is up to beta 7(last update ive seen) it will be much better soon. I cant wait to see the next puplic release of the mod. Not sure when it will be, but im certain its worth the wait. Be a shame not to be able to play on my favorite server....

In any case thanks for the time you kept it up Morrus. Ive tried to help out new chars that get on. but there is only so much another player can do.

Peace

Last edited:

Bummer. I just logged in today to play for the first time in a while ... and while I eventually figured out which server was the EN World one, I couldn't load the module because I was missing some custom file.

:(

Chaz

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone, It does require the most up to date NWN patches(autopatch) and also the latest "community expansion pack" add on. Good luck. Hope to see you in there, at least as long as its there anyway.

Peace

Wayfarer

Explorer
Neo/Morrus,

I suspect that part of our problem lies in a few of the regular players living 5-6 hours behind you two. I'm not consistent as to which nights I can play, but I'm most likely going to be on between 0200 and 0500 GMT so I expect that makes running into one of you difficult. :\

You have probably posted this elsewhen, but when do either of you DM? Maybe a few of us could attempt to rendezvous, perhaps when both Greylock and Celia are once again available?

Last edited:

Greylock

First Post
My biggest hinderance of late had been the constant need for resets. It seemed like everytime I logged on, the world was devoid of life, PC or other, DM's, critters, merchants. Decided to step back a bit, and then my health, uhmm, got not so good. Focused on different things. I'll be ready to play again in about a month, but I have little hope in seeing the ENWorld server around when I'm ready to play again. And I understand... :(

Orius

Legend
It's a shame if the server's going down completely. I recently got the game (and it's been cutting deeply into my EN World posting time :)) , but it was only the gold edition, and that doesn't have HotU which Chainmail requires. Still, I did add the server to my favorites, and was planning to check it out when I got HotU.

Chaz said:
Olgar Shiverstone, It does require the most up to date NWN patches(autopatch) and also the latest "community expansion pack" add on. Good luck. Hope to see you in there, at least as long as its there anyway.

Peace

I've got the latest autopatch, but where do I find the specific community expansion pack?

Wayfarer

Explorer
One other consideration for the DMs/server-gods:
It may be that there has been a bit of post-holiday playtime avoidance. Retail often experiences a slump, but the rest of us may have needed to crack down and work. :heh: I know things got busy for me, between family and work. Just a though - obviously the site-stats will ultimately be the deciding factor, understandably.

Remove ads