D&D 5E Which Class is "The Best" - Your chance to VOTE!

Which Class is "The Best"?

• Barbarian

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bard

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Druid

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Monk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Ranger

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Wizard

Votes: 37 29.4%
  • Other (Artificer, etc.)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • None (They are ALL cool and great, right?!)

Votes: 15 11.9%

Undrave

Legend
I had to vote Rogue. I'm not sure I want to play one yet, but the mechanics are just solid all across the board and there's not a single bad subclass in the lot.

Bard is the best support class in the game and I love Vicious Mockery and Bardic Inspiration so I went with that.

Then, there's the Paladin and its MASSIVE damage potential, healing and those nifty auras! It's a solid wall class.

Yaarel

He Mage
I love Wizard, Bard, and Paladin.

The 5e Wizard is my favorite version of my favorite class.

The 5e Bard is awesome, now equal to my favorite Wizard. I am so glad the Bard went full-caster, and reconnected more to mythologically accurate Celtic Bard (Filí). Now the Bard is an extremely versatile class, able to represent so many different kinds of concepts. A reasonably accurate Merlin or Taliesin. Norse seiðr. Norse galdr. Norse spá. Likewise, a mythologically accurate shaman from many other cultures. An elven enchanter. A charming minstrel. A spellsinger. A courtly magician advisor. And so on. Especially as a DM, I find the Bard highly useful to portray variegated concepts.

The 5e Paladin. In previous editions, I never have any interest in the Paladin class. But for 5e, the concept, flavor and potency is growing on me.

I hope the Psion when it comes out − along with the psionic archetypes for Player Handbook classes − will count among my best classes.

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
You might get three votes, but you should take only one.

BE DECISIVE!

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
I searched and found a paladin standing there.

I tried to ignore him and his nova smites and impossible bonuses to his saves. Truly, I did.

But he just stood there smirking with that "You know it's me" look.

Darn him.

Remove ads