D&D General Which edition of D&D are you currently interested in?

Which edition of D&D are you currently interested in?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Speaking of time police. Your fluidity is showing, @Minigiant.

I'm interested in edition zero. The big bang of D&D. Back when the rules were still deciding how to be rules, the ideas swirled around the dreams, and it was possible to perfectly replicate Lord of the Rings by using storytelling to play a war game.

I am currently running 5e, and still loving it. But as I mentioned in another thread, I keep thinking about taking a break at my home group and switching to something older.

I'm not as much interested in revisiting 3e or 4e. The Moldvay/Cook and Holmes era are ones I just haven't been exposed. One of these days, I do need to get around to closing that gap. Passed on a Holmes boxed set for a steal years ago, and I'm kicking myself now.

atanakar

Hero
I am currently running 5e, and still loving it. But as I mentioned in another thread, I keep thinking about taking a break at my home group and switching to something older.

I'm not as much interested in revisiting 3e or 4e. The Moldvay/Cook and Holmes era are ones I just haven't been exposed. One of these days, I do need to get around to closing that gap. Passed on a Holmes boxed set for a steal years ago, and I'm kicking myself now.

You could consider the BlueHolmes Journeymanne Rules. It is very close and respectful of the original and makes the game playable up to level 20. I have it and really enjoyed reading it. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Remove ads