D&D 5E Which Magic the Gathering setting would you want added officially to D&D?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
My bet is for Kaladesh because is arcanepunk, and this means vehicles, and theses can be sold by Hasbro as toys. One of my April's fool jokes was telling there would be published as comic a crossover between Kaladesh and Transformers.

D&D is not really used a "toy-brand" by Hasbro, beyond the miniatures of Wizkids (which can be made for any product).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Kamikawa is interesting, but it is like a one-shot story. It is better to start from zero to add a little brother to Kara-Tur.

Innistrad has got a great potential to be the rival of Ravenloft. The demiplane of the dread now is too small to be a "Jurassic Park" for monsters from Hammer films.

My bet is for Kaladesh because is arcanepunk, and this means vehicles, and theses can be sold by Hasbro as toys. One of my April's fool jokes was telling there would be published as comic a crossover between Kaladesh and Transformers.

Kaladesh fell flat with the player base, apparently, so it is not a high priority for the M:tG side of things

As for actual analytical speculation: the recent UA leaves one highly suspicious that they are working on another rMagic D&D book of some sort. Next year in 2020, M:tG is returning to Theros and Zendikar, and introducing a new Kaoju setting. The main logical probabilities are:

• Theros book
  • Zendikar book
  • Zendikar/Theros book or two Magic books (!)
  • Broad-based "Planeshift" book

I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment, but time will tell.

Kreo wasn't a success, but that was not fault by D&D franchise. They know if the work is good, it may be their Star Wars. Then the next step will be something about d20 Modern 2.0.

gyor

Legend
Kaladesh fell flat with the player base, apparently, so it is not a high priority for the M:tG side of things

As for actual analytical speculation: the recent UA leaves one highly suspicious that they are working on another rMagic D&D book of some sort. Next year in 2020, M:tG is returning to Theros and Zendikar, and introducing a new Kaoju setting. The main logical probabilities are:

• Theros book
  • Zendikar book

The first UA really didn't have Zendikar or Theros Themes, the Barbarian was more Eldraine or Shadowmoor, and the Astral Monk, I'm not really sure which setting that one fits, does any MtG plane have anything like an Astral Plane? Maybe the Blind Eternities itself.

Urriak Uruk

Kreo wasn't a success, but that was not fault by D&D franchise. They know if the work is good, it may be their Star Wars. Then the next step will be something about d20 Modern 2.0.

Here's the thing; Hasbro doesn't know that even if they make a good toy it will be a success. After all, the audience between Hasbro toys and D&D aren't truly overlapping much anymore, with D&D primarily being a game for adults. There also isn't much of a connection to buying "D&D toys" to enhance your D&D game unless you intend to use them as stand-ins for miniatures; but Wizkids already exists.

• Theros book
  • Zendikar book

If it is a Magic setting, I'm thinking you're right that it will mix a few. Eldraine/Theros/Zendikar/Ikoria would be a dope mix.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The first UA really didn't have Zendikar or Theros Themes, the Barbarian was more Eldraine or Shadowmoor, and the Astral Monk, I'm not really sure which setting that one fits, does any MtG plane have anything like an Astral Plane? Maybe the Blind Eternities itself.

The Barbarian didn't reaaaally have a Fey theme except dor them throwing out the word "Feywild." Seems likely to be misdirection.

The abilities of the "Astral" Monk do match with Red Mana spells, such as Extra Arms.

Urriak Uruk

The Barbarian didn't reaaaally have a Fey theme except dor them throwing out the word "Feywild." Seems likely to be misdirection.

The abilities of the "Astral" Monk do match with Red Mana spells, such as Extra Arms.

The barbarian to me is definitely a "what if a barbarian was also a wild magic sorcerer." Which kind of fits the idea of a barbarian tied to the Feywild, though works for other things too. Could be a misdirection but can also be legit.

Definitely could fit Eldraine, definitely fits Garruk who's in the center of that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases