D&D 5E Which of the upcoming books are you most excited about?

Which of the upcoming 3 books are you most looking forward to?

• The wild beyond the witchlight

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Fizban’s treasury of dragons

Votes: 50 61.0%
  • Strixhaven a curriculum of chaos

Votes: 8 9.8%

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Thank you for taking the opportunity to cryptically rant about your issues with 5E completely unrelated to the question being asked in the poll.
The title of your suggested 4th book could use some work though, try adding a character name…

eg: Elmister‘s unnamed one with the completely new sformat/style/whatever it was on the off chance wotc is going to start admitting that the 5e rule set is imperfect in always thst should be addressed rather than blamed on the gm for not fixing.

I still think a book of dragons is going to be more popular.
I thought the tweets were well enough known & reported that finding the exact wording wasn't needed to be clear on what's being referenced
Not every book will be exciting to everyone & wotc simply publishing something isn't a guarantee of purchase or even interest given the minimal information .

Fizban's definitely.

But I would need to see what we're getting in Witchlight before final judgement. Are we getting a significant amount of Feywild-specific rules and creatures, or not so much?

But then again... gem dragons. So, Fizban's, definitely Fizban's...

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
As much as I'm curious about Witchlight, the more I learn about it the more it seems like something I won't use, or will kind of just pick bits out of. Strixhaven might have some interesting structures and ideas to play with, but I don't see my group wanting to use it as-is. Fizban's will probably get the most use on our end, just as a go-to source for cool dragon-y things.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Witchlight, Strixhaven, Fizban's in that order.

Fizban's is the one I won't end up getting as a physical book but only on DNDBeyond as I'll end up randomly cannibalizing it for parts rather than ever reading it cover to cover.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
This. I want rules, not settings or premade adventures, or monsters, and not a book that has a few new bits and then is filled with stuff I don't want.

OTOH, I was excited for the last book of rules and what a letdown that was. Tasha's Imbalanced Hodgpodge of Miscellany was sad.

That said... I'll probably still buy one or two of them when I find a good price on a used copy...
Now, what exactly do you mean by "rules"? We haven't had any new books specifically of rules - defini9tely nothjing I could call a "book of rules" - just some adds and expansions in the Everything books. Do you include character content in "rules"? Monster content? Magic item content?

Remove ads