Which of these is the optimal distance of measurement for your TTRPG enjoyment?

Which of these do you prefer/use?

• Feet

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • Yards (3 feet)

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Meters (100 centimeters or 39 inches and some change)

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Cubits (17-19 inches, or as I like to say, 18 inches)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other, please elaborate

Votes: 25 31.6%

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
When assessing how it works, your own?

Discussing it in a public forum is getting other people's opinions, not just your own.

I mean seriously, I'm not required to consider something a good idea just because someone makes it work for them locally.

No, you are not. But it gives food for thought.

As I've noted, you can pound nails with a wrench, but that doesn't mean its a good use of the tool.

Right. But maybe you can learn something if you look into it. Not that you are required to, but... then we come back to the public forum thing.

(I also have to not "having a consistently good time" is kind of a big jump here).

Poorly formed sentence there, and I don't want to presume what you mean.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
We like wargames to an extent and play D&D like we did when it was 1e.

That is to say we measure. We measure in squares since 3e.

I made a cusrom foam dungeon. Each wall is to to 50 feet. My table is covered in 1 inch squares.

5’ a square works just fine…look how little Warduke is!

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpeg
    IMG_6077.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31

Thomas Shey

Legend
Discussing it in a public forum is getting other people's opinions, not just your own.

And when I'm hearing something I haven't been hearing in claims for 30 years, that matters to me a lot more.

No, you are not. But it gives food for thought.

Again, not the first time I've seen that construction.

Right. But maybe you can learn something if you look into it. Not that you are required to, but... then we come back to the public forum thing.

Again, to make it clear, I have to see something I haven't seen people claim about TotM for decades. Sometimes, when follow-up on, its mostly true (though this tends to be more common the less a system is set up with a battleboard assumed in its basic design--I don't have trouble believing someone with a good spatial imagination and memory can manage with 13th Age, for example). But I've seen a lot of claims about how easy Game X is to run with TotM and how much their players like it, only to find when pursued that this was being, to be charitable, viewed through rose-colored glasses on one or both grounds.

Poorly formed sentence there, and I don't want to presume what you mean.

People will stick around a long time in games where the good times are anything but consistent; in healthy cases often all you can say is the good times are more common than not.

Remove ads