D&D General Which standard classes have you never (or very rarely) seen played? (Edited)

Which standard classes have you never (or very rarely) seen played?

• Barbarian

• Bard

• Cleric

• Druid

• Fighter

• Monk

• Paladin

• Ranger

• Rogue

• Sorcerer

• Warlock

• Warlord

• Wizard

• I have seen all of them in play

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the thread about how often people have seen psionic characters played (it seemed like a large majority of players have seen them, but it has been rarely for 35%), I thought it would be interesting to see what other classes people have never or very rarely seen played.

Obviously, "very rarely" is subjective, but if I limited it to never, half of us would just remember "oh wait, I did see one..." after submitting our responses anyway.

I'm going to include Warlord because of its presence in 4e's PHB 1, but other than that I'm going to stick with the ones in the 5e PHB.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I've been playing since '86 and I've never played with a Druid in the party. Weird, because while they aren't the most popular class they aren't bottom of the barrel either and they've been a class for ever. I also voted for Warlord, but I skipped 4th ed, so there's no mystery how that happened.

Ashrym

Legend
I've tried and played everything. I generally pick a flavor at the time, sometimes randomly or just ask the DM what he or she wants me to play.

I've only ever seen one person play a warlord, however, and never it's predecessor with the marshal. I tend to put that down to playing less 4e than other editions, however. Everything else I've seen plenty of.

Undrave

Legend
I've played a bunch of these, and seen a few more being played, but Sorcerer and Wizards? Pretty much never... Like... maybe a Wizard once in AL.

Vael

Legend
Aside from the cheeky inclusion of the Warlord (who did see plenty of play in 4e, but this is 5e), the only one I have never seen in play is the Ranger.

Ashrym

Legend
Was Warlord the only one in 4E PHB 1 that wasn't in 5E?

Since I didn't see anyone answer this for you, the 4e PHB1 classes are:

• cleric
  • fighter
  • paladin
  • ranger
  • rogue
  • warlock
  • warlord
  • wizard
The warlord is the only core 4e class not in 5e.

The 4e PHB2 brought back some classic (edit -- 3e classes; sorc isn't exactly classic) classes (barbarian, bard, druid, sorcerer) and added a few more (avenger, invoker, shaman, warden).

Remove ads