Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

Silenttimo

First Post
Turanil said:
French dK, what's this, never heard of it?

There it is (it's all french, sorry) :
http://www.roliste.com/detail.jsp?id=8827

It's a d20 system game, but basically (never tried it, though) :

- it's a game you can play with a med-fan or other type of settings ;
- you choose an archetyp instead of a class ;
- you add options, not feats or class advantages, so that you can have a good sword-wielding spellcaster (but it won't really be either a wizard or a fighter ; and it won't be a multiclassed wizard-fighter, but a sword-wielder spellcaster !) ;
- it's much simpler than D&D 3.5, but loosely based on that system.

It seems that converting 3.5 modules to dK is quite easy.

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
While I love 3.5 and the versatility it offers (being one who like jacks-of-all-trades-master-of-none), the other players in my gaming group are all in love with 4e, preferring having only few character options and only one class all the way through (they almost all tend to be single-classed and fitting into the roles naturally anyway). They are all ready to convert our existing campaign into 4e, so for me it's not really whether or not I want 4e, but more about my gaming groups wants. And they want 4e.

Gothmog

First Post
For my D&D, I'll definitely be playing and running 4e. No way I'd go back to 3.x or Pathfinder.

But we also play a lot of Savage Worlds, WHFRP2, and Dark Heresy. Its a great time to be a gamer! :)

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Silenttimo said:
There it is (it's all french, sorry) :
http://www.roliste.com/detail.jsp?id=8827

It's a d20 system game, but basically (never tried it, though) :

- it's a game you can play with a med-fan or other type of settings ;
- you choose an archetyp instead of a class ;
- you add options, not feats or class advantages, so that you can have a good sword-wielding spellcaster (but it won't really be either a wizard or a fighter ; and it won't be a multiclassed wizard-fighter, but a sword-wielder spellcaster !) ;
- it's much simpler than D&D 3.5, but loosely based on that system.

It seems that converting 3.5 modules to dK is quite easy.

Sounds interesting.
I assume the book itself is available only in French? It'd be cool to give it a read. My French is okay, but very slow. Not so bad for reading though it would take me a while. And I might have issues with game-related words....
But if I were to play/run it, it would have to be English.
Ah well.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
3.5 or Pathfinder or older stuff for me.

No way will I touch 4e with a 10' pole. I guess I couldn't anyway since it's not on the pea sized equipment list in the PHB.

I dry heave whenever thinking about playing 4e.

Neil Bishop

First Post
3.5E set in the pre-Spellplague Forgotten Realms and completely uninfluenced and unaffected by any novels published since the FRCS.

I also really, really, really want to get a game of Savage Worlds going either set in FR or in Midnight.

Silenttimo

First Post
Please keep it civil : no 3.5-PRPG / 4E war!

I think everyone is entitled to write :

"My my, I love that ODD system and I'll be playing that system 'til I am 90 years old, as young as a teen elf !".

Or

"Well, I love that "Call of Sauron" game, so I'll stop playing D&D and play that game !"

But no : "4E is soooo fxxxing good that I'll burn my 3.5 books next winter to keep warm !" or "PRPG / 3.5 is soooo D&D Gygaxian-friendly that my wife has instructions to shoot me as soon as I open my first 4E book !"

Everyone has its own opinion.

Thanks.

Tharkun

First Post
My choice

We'll be playing 2nd Edition AD&D & Iron Heroes. My group really won't touch 4E. We'll maybe give PRPG a try if I DM it.

Remove ads