Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

der_kluge

Adventurer
Wow, if this poll is even remotely close to being a reflection of the population at large, WoTC has a lot of work to do WRT to 4th edition.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
I put older edition as the only rpg I know I'll be playing for the rest of the year is Holmes Basic. I did just pick up T&T v.5.5 and it looks quite cool, so I might be playng that soon. And I'd like to give Mutant Future a shot some time in the near... uhm... future.

Also I've been hankering to get some Star Frontiers going some time...

And I'd still love to get some era of (non-d20) CoC going, particularly with my weird idea of mixing CDA with Harn...

And I have this crazy idea for some Fantastic Four/Asgard/Dr. Strange style Marvel Super Heroes sci-fi/magic/demons/gods in outer space rumble that would probably never work...

And I've been threatening my brother with a few sessions of Everway for a couple of years...

And my daughter and dad want to play more Heroscape with me. And my wife just bought me a bunch of new Magic cards. And my dad wants me to play the Star Wars collectable mini-card game and a half a dozen different board games with me. And I continue to be obsessed with all forms of Ticket to Ride...

Really, 4e is pretty far down the list of anything I'll be playing any time soon. I'd never say never. If someone bought the books and volunteered to run it, I'd certainly play. Assuming I found the time.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
der_kluge said:
Wow, if this poll is even remotely close to being a reflection of the population at large, WoTC has a lot of work to do WRT to 4th edition.

If ENworld is, in any way, representative of the population at large, we are in deep, deep trouble. ;)

Ranes

Adventurer
3.5 for me. I'm working on a new campaign now and hope to have enough time to DM regularly by the end of summer at the latest.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Keefe the Thief said:
If ENworld is, in any way, representative of the population at large, we are in deep, deep trouble. ;)

My purely anecdotal experience with the local gamers is that ENWorld is representative. I know a lot of people who rushed out to get the new books and have since decided that the new version of the game isn't for them.

Wyrmshadows

Explorer
I'll be playing:

True20
Runequest
Pathfinder
Song of Ice and Fire

I will narrow it down more once I see what the final version of Pathfinder and Song of Ice and Fire has to offer. I will, due to limited gaming time, choose one. Right now True20 is in the lead.

Wyrmshadows

Aus_Snow

First Post
Wyrmshaodws, your post reminded me. . .

I might be running some True20 at some stage this year. If I don't convert some stuff of that system over to, say, M&M (easily done.)

And, if A Song of Ice and Fire turns out to be spectacularly good, I might have a go at running some of that as well, time and other resources permitting.

So, probably some more 3e/PF/frankensystem, definitely some more M&M, possibly some True20 once again, tentatively some 'ASoIaF', and well, whatever else others feel like playing, or running - I'm not opposed to being a player, just for a damn change. :)

Psion

Adventurer
Keefe the Thief said:

If ENworld is, in any way, representative of the population at large, I expect some awesome gaming. :cool:

Remove ads