Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

taliesin15

First Post
Actually my vote would be for 3.0, but it doesn't seem to fit any of the categories in the poll, sadly. I voted for 3.5, though I still don't see how Gnomes' favored class is Bard. (why couldn't they just go with Gygax on that one? At least his Gnome is not an obvious ripoff of Lord of the Rings)

Griego

First Post
3.5 until my group retires the current set of characters (they're 6th level now), then we'll have a good look at what's out there. Leaning towards switching to 4e at that point.

BryonD

Hero
Keefe the Thief said:
If ENworld is, in any way, representative of the population at large, we are in deep, deep trouble. ;)
Heh, no worries. These results are no where near close to population at large. I can't find that many people in favor of 4E anywhere... :)

For me, A home-brewed 3.5 mod with a heavy dose of Pathfinder influence will keep me going for several more years at least.

I'll be playing 4E.

I enjoy both it and 3.x/Pathfinder, but 4E seems much easier to GM, and the wife doesn't have all that much time to devote to GMing these days. :)

Storminator

First Post
I have one last session of 3.5 to finish, then I hope to never play nor run it again. For D&D, it'll be all 4e. I've even dropped all rules use at all in my PBeM. It's gone purely narrative...

For non-D&D I have a regular M&M game that suddenly looks like it can go on for a long, long time. In fact Tuesday, I have a perfect villain lined up for Pirate Cat...

PS

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
We'll be starting our attempt to play with 4e this coming Saturday.

Depending on when that finishes (probably before the end of the year), I'll be starting up my last 3.5 game.

After that, my homebrew game system will hopefully be finished enough that we can start using that.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I'll run or play in the occasional 4E one shot but I won't be financially supporting 4E with my purchases.

It'll be a houseruled 3.5 / Pathfinder / BOXM for me from here on in.

Remove ads