• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I am glad you mentioned it otherwise I would have missed it.
LOL! That would be the day! 19 con makes for a lot o'ale. ;)

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Oooh, I LIKE it!! How about a corps of permanent unseen servants maintained by the faculty, with additional unseen servants provided by the students subject to punishment? Given this cleaning crew, you could eat off the stable floor! (If you were of a mind to do so, that is....hehe)

So can Tylara get a 'get out of pooper scooping free' card since I came up with the idea? :cool:

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley said:
So can Tylara get a 'get out of pooper scooping free' card since I came up with the idea? :cool:
Sure!! Here's how it will work: The next time it's Tylara's turn to shovel out the stable, she will be free to skip it. Her name will, however, remain at the top of the list. So that means that it will be her turn again next week, and then there will be two weeks' worth of manure to remove! :lol:

No, I'm just kidding. Students aren't required to do things like that here. If one just wants to help out with the odd spell here and there, sometimes, then that will be greatly appreciated, but it's not ever expected or required. But that's a great way to rack up some major brownie points with the servant staff, if you ever want any for any reason....

Scotley

Hero
Let's have some blood!

Has everyone agreed to allow their spells to be copied? Is it safe to say we've all had a shot at all the spells we want? If not from the original holder from somebody who traded?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Lets have a quick run down of who is trading with who.

I mentioned Gregor, Tylara, and Alexandra would be the most likely to pry spells from his book.

As long as we have one person that is willing to share with everyone and that everyone will share with that person, we should be able to assume that everyone has access to everyone elses spells.

Leif

Adventurer
FreeXenon said:
Lets have a quick run down of who is trading with who.
I mentioned Gregor, Tylara, and Alexandra would be the most likely to pry spells from his book.
As long as we have one person that is willing to share with everyone and that everyone will share with that person, we should be able to assume that everyone has access to everyone elses spells.
Well, to my knowledge, Durgeon is the only character who has even hinted that he might not trade with everyone. Perhaps it would be simpler if all those who feel the same way Durgeon feels would indicate who can achieve access to their books?

And there is one more little quirk in your assumption, FX: just because a person CAN access all of the party's spells, doesn't necessarily mean that that person WILL actually copy every single spell. So, say this person doesn't want, for example, three spells. And then say that there is someone else who is dying for those three spells, but the first person is the only one who will tade with this other person. See?

What you could also do is have every character make a "wish list" of spells that he/she wants that he/she doesn't have. Then, someone who has one or more of those spells can say, "Ok, I'll give you spell x." If you only focus on the spells that you are GIVING, instead of making everything a quid pro quo, then it should go more smoothly and everyone will have access to more spells, won't they?

And, incidentally, I've been reading through spots of the Spell Compendium lately, and there is some truly WICKED COOL stuff in there!! Not to even mention Complete Argane and Complete Mage. Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Warrior and Complete Champion also have a few wizard spells, too.... LEAVE NO TERN UNSTONED!! (Sorry, flashback to the bad jokes of my youth)

Oh, and it's Gregory, not Gregor. It's my fault because we have an npc named Grygor. Sorry, Gregory.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Well Ryfte still hasn't posted anything about Mikkanna Raschika. Do you want to check and make sure he's still in the game? Also, how are familiars working now? Do we have to take a feat to get them? Or have they not been replaced by that extra feat?

KerlanRayne

PS - I've gotten spells from everyone (except Mikkanna). So everyone can look at my list for spells to copy.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads