Who the {filth} is Eric Noah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Knight

First Post
333 Dave said:
He put the EN in ENWorld!
He's Rain Echo, the deliverer! Seriously though, he's the biggest unpublished retired D&D webmaster who works for a school in the US :).

You'd think that asking about a guy named Eric Noah on a message board called ENworld, a lightbulb would go off in the head of the person asking the question. Guess not.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Alright, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and answer seriously.

Eric is a guy who lives in Wisconsin, not far from where D&D was first created. You keep asking what he's done -

He wrote a few articles that made it into Dragon some years ago, and he worked on the Forgotten Realms CD-ROM atlas. Most importantly for the current discussion, he created this site you're posting to. He shepherded it and its community for roughly 2 years until it finally became too much of a hassle, especially considering it really never made him any real money. The site has attracted just about every designer that has worked on D&D, from Gygax to Monte Cook. WotC's designers even used this site as an interim site when WotC's boards were down for months. So that's quite a number of accomplishments for someone who did this site as a hobby.

I get the feeling you're wondering how he got to be important enough to have his name on the biggest D&D fan site on the web. He did it by creating the site and sticking with it. That's the long and short of it. And I think that's plenty. Hard work and perseverance pay off.

Baron Von StarBlade

Holy Bovine said:
Do you mean Ace Rhino by chance?

Ahh I am forever Immortalized in History. Hrm Ace Rhino. . maybe that can be my character's name in one of PirateCat's Chicago Game Day events that I'm participating in. . . hrm I will need to speak to him about that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads