Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The Alumni

Jarval

Explorer
Glaw sips from his glass of wine, savouring the flavour. Food is still a concept that baffles the warforged, but he's come to gain an appreciation of wines and beers, even if he is immune to the more interesting intoxicating effects of the alcohol. He listens to his companions talk with interest, this having been the longest time he's spent with many of them.

"I am quite handy with a bow myself." He chimes in as the topic of pirates arises. "With any luck, we should be able to persuade any such buccaneers that our ship will be more trouble than it is worth to attack.

"I am very keen indeed to go to sea, for while I have read much about it, I have yet to see it for myself. It will be quite the adventure, I feel."
Glaw's enthusiasm is subtle, but obvious to those that know him. He takes another thoughtful sip from his wine, glancing around the table at his companions as he does so.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Your conversation is suddenly interrupted by a crash and a woman's scream coming from the kitchen. Drunken patrons stagger to their feet shouting and pointing as one of the waitresses dashes from the kitchen. Behind her, a wave of squealing rats scurry across the floor nipping at her heels.

Battlemap:
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Kitchen
..ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
01#####I#
02#.....#
03#.....#
04#.....#
05#II####################
06#[COLOR=RED]RR[/COLOR]X..................#
07#.[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]X...ON..NON..O.....#
08#[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR].X..................#
09#[COLOR=RED]RR[/COLOR]X..................#
10#[COLOR=RED]RR[/COLOR]X...O...NON..O.....#
11#[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]....................#
12#W..O....SJ.....N.....#
13#.......GOP.O..NON....#
14#.......TK......N.....#
15#...O...........N.....#
16#.......NON.O...ON....#
17#.....................#
18##II###################
MainEntrance

Iniative Order:
P=Plonk
G=Glaw
T=Teivel
K=Kala
S=Patruk
J=Jaron
R=Rat

O=Table
I=Door
N=NPC
W=Waitress
X=Bar
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"R-r-r-rats!" yells Plonk, jumping on the table. Whether he succeeds or not, he unslings his crossbow and fires at the rats if he can. (If he can't this round, he'll do it next round)

Primus

First Post
Kara blinked. “Rats.”

Now, THIS was not a normal occurrence. “I’ve heard of health code violations, but this is more than a little ridiculous,” she said, even as white fur began to coat her body like stop-motion photography of mold growing on an apple. Her reddish colored eyes began to glow as she held her hands out in a calming manner.

”Whoa little fellas!” she said in a tongue that resonated deep in the rats’ brains. ”Calm down, calm down. Please, just calm, little friends.” As she spoke she made calming rodentine gestures at the little beasts.

[sblock]Kala is Shifting to use her Speak with Animals ability. She is also going to try to use Animal Empathy (hopefully with some kind of bonus from being able to actually speak to the little rodents.

Init - 7
Wild Empathy roll… 15.[/sblock]

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon

Damn that is a lot of rats!

Jaron quickly puts some distance between himself and the rats searching for higher ground. While at the same time he draws his bow and waits to see their reaction to Kala. "Personally I have to admit I am not fond of these creatures." Jaron exclaims with only a small bit of sarcasm in his voice.

[sblock]
OOC - Move Action to get on the table behind Plonk. Move Equivalent to draw my bow.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Glaw gets quickly to his feet, standing ready for a fight, but not attacking until he's seen the outcome of Kara's attempt to calm the rats.

Most impressive, the ability to shapeshift. He thinks to himself.

[sblock]Readying an action to use his slam attack on the closest rat should they attack any member of the party. +3 to hit, 1d4+2 damage.[/sblock]

Verbatim

Explorer
Before he could respond to Teivel's good mannered jest, the door leading into the kitchen launched forward as a small horde of vermin poured out of the cooking area.

~This is not a sight one expects to see during a meal...~

Rising out of his chair and Patruck pulled the slender dagger that he wore from its belt sheath and paused as Kara's form suddenly shifted as she embraced the animalistic side of her nature and began calling out to the rats in a series of squeks and shrills.

~Make that two things you do not expect to witness during a meal...~

Waiting to see if her actions will have any affect on them, Patruk stood ready to throw the dagger at one of the vermin should he need to.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Woah! Rats!" Teivel exclaims stating the obvious. He hops onto his chair and looses his spiked chain, the rattle of the steel links giving off a most unsettling sound.

OOC: Prepared to take any Attacks of Opportunity that the rats provoke, up to 4 in a round; Spiked Chain +4 (2d4+3, 20/x2), although he is holding off to see if Kala's attempt to calm them works, although should they advance within his reach he'll not miss the opportunity.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The rats continue to boil out from the kitchen. The fleeing waitress makes it to a table where she promptly climbs up on top. You can see bite marks on her lower legs. The rats chasing her spread out into the main room. Two men drinking at the table closest to the waitress stagger to their feet and pick up their chairs. They shout and slam them at the ground trying to crush the rats around them.

Battlemap
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Kitchen
..ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
01#####I#
02#.....#
03#.....#
04#.....#
05#II####################
06#[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR].X..................#
07#.[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]X...ON..NON..O.....#
08#..X..................#
09#..X..[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]...............#
10#[COLOR=RED]RR[/COLOR]X...O...NON..O.....#
11#..[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR].[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]................#
12#...O[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR]...S......N.....#
13#.[COLOR=RED]R[/COLOR].....GPJ.O..NON....#
14#..[COLOR=RED]RR[/COLOR]...TK......N.....#
15#..NWN..........N.....#
16#........O..O...ON....#
17#.....................#
18##II###################
MainEntrance

Plonk - Move to top of table, move action draw and load xbow.(no +1 bab)
Kala - Shifted. Rushed Wild Empathy roll, +2 for SWA, 20+3+2-10 = 15. Rats are Hostile.
Jaron - Move to top of table. Move action to draw bow.(no +1 bab)
Glaw - Ready to smash rats.
Patruk - Draw dagger. Ready vs approach
Teivel - Draw spiked chain. Ready vs approach
[/SBLOCK]

Kala
[SBLOCK]
While the rats don't respond to your pleas to stop, you do manage to learn something. The rats seem to be attacking with a single minded purpose. Your spell translates their squeaking into a semi-comprehensible sentance. "For the master, For the Master..." they repeat it over and over.
[/SBLOCK]

Jarval

Explorer
Assuming that whatever trick Kala was attempting with the rats hasn't worked, Glaw strides purposefully towards the where two of the inn's patrons and the waitress are being harassed by the creatures. He clenches his fist, and punches down at one of the rats...

He pays close attention to the rats as he moves, looking for any clue as to what might have caused this strange behaviour.

[sblock]Slam attack, +3 to hit, 1d4+2 damage.
Survival check +5.[/sblock]

Remove ads