TSR Who's running the TSR3 social media accounts?

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum.

After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by somebody who identified themselves as "Michael", perhaps suggesting that Justin LaNasa is no longer with the company (which seems unlikely), leaving many on social media to question whether "Michael" exists. The new TSR3 was founded by LaNasa, Stephen Dinehart, and Ernie Gygax, and despite the acrinomious social media activity, the former two founders' names have largely escaped much of the criticism.

UPDATE -- the below tweets now appear to have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.30.39 PM.png

Around the same time, the header above the available events at the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum website was altered to read: "Most role playing games will be played in old school fashion so if you're easliy offended or Rude ! DO NOT PLAY !" (sic)

tsr_rude.png

So who is TSR3 co-founder Justin LaNasa? He was an American politician who ran for office in 2014 and 2020, and who was involved in a minor scandal during the latter campaign.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
... honestly, my faith in said Marketplace of Ideas has really been challenged by the... utter idiocy... we've been seeing flourish the last 10 years particularly. But some people still hold great value to it so I made the argument.
If there is one silver-lining to recent times, it is the final and definitive disproof of basically all "Enlightenment" philosophy in toto.

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
That is how "feminization" works, get group approval to target the outsider to your group. And Ernie is so easy a target since he is not even here to defend himself here.
I think you've given away your agenda. Not that anyone has any doubts in the first place.

[Edit. This thread moves so quickly that I didn't see the Mod posts.]

Last edited:

Sir Brennen

Legend
Soon the Giant Lands will release the stat blocks of:

Oxidization Creatures
Ursine Strigiformes
Viewers
Brain Skinners
Jelly Squares
Chest-Copies
Svartalfar

And more!
Just to give a little benefit of the doubt, maybe the land shark was one of the creatures "of historical interest" they mentioned, not one of the original creatures? "History" being in this context "of gaming".

Also, the GL landshark doesn't look like it can dig through the earth, so that makes it... well, lamer, actually.

EDIT: Also, none of this hyperbole is present on the GL Kickstarter. It only seems to have been part of the marketing since TSR3 was announced, which has its own hyperbolic claims.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases