• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's the god of dogs?

Gez

First Post
DreadPirateMurphy said:
Has nobody here ever had a dog?

Dogs always worship their master. :)
In my personal experience, dogs worship their master's plate. You know, that mysterious and wondrous thing containing FOOD! that the master sometimes allow the dog to lick before tossing it in the dishwasher? Yes, that thing. That thing which has FOOD! is what dogs worship. Whenever a plate is there, the dog never lose sight of it even for a half-second. The dog watches as the master eats the FOOD! that is on the Plate. The dog prays to the Plate that it will still contain FOOD! once the master's hunger is sated. The Plate, the magical Plate of FOOD! is the light that illuminates the dog's life.

Either the plate or the leftovers. They're a bit of the same thing for the dog.

Thurbane

First Post
Gez said:
In my personal experience, dogs worship their master's plate. You know, that mysterious and wondrous thing containing FOOD!
No no no, you're thinking of cats! :p

...well, it was inevitable that the discussion would take this turn, I suppose, but I am firmly a "dog-person". Cats are OK, I guess, but IMHO you never get the same degree of loyalty and interaction with a cat than you do with a dog.

I mean, even in the cartoon hierachy, it goes Dog > Cat > Mouse... :heh:

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Thurbane said:

...well, it was inevitable that the discussion would take this turn, I suppose, but I am firmly a "dog-person". Cats are OK, I guess, but IMHO you never get the same degree of loyalty and interaction with a cat than you do with a dog.

I mean, even in the cartoon hierachy, it goes Dog > Cat > Mouse... :heh:
Depends on the cat, I swear mine acts like she worships me. But this is the same cat that was the only survivor of a litter I took from a box thrown out of a car on the side of the Interstate before her eyes were open and bottle fed. Still she's the sweetest thing in the world, positively NEEDY about it when I leave the house. And attacks pretty much any other person on contact, it would be sight but she's blind.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
snoop_dogg.jpg

Klaus

First Post
howandwhy99 said:
And behold, the canines streamed into a large chapel, and in that chapel stood an altar. And upon that altar was beheld the likeness of the eternal Lord over all creatures descended of Wolf. To his assembled following, the Lord uttered a single question, as a means of opening service:

"What's my moth*******ng name?"

To which the assembled Scions of Wolf replied:

"Snooooop Dawgge Dowoooogg..."

Shadeydm

First Post
I can't believe you guys haven't figured this one out yet.
After servicing 20,000 different women Wilt Chamberlain is the undisputed god of dogs!!

Gez

First Post
Thurbane said:

My personal experience of a few dogs and a lot more cats. Cats just aren't as hypnotized by the Plate. Instead of looking slavishly at the Plate and imagining wonderful, wonderful FOOD! on it, they'll jump on some piece of furniture overlooking the table to see what's inside. Then, they'll quickly determine if it interests them or not. If it does, then they'll jump on the master's lap and from then on their whole head will be tugged by their nose, which will be in unerringly attracted by the food.

The plate, itself, though, is absolutely devoid of interest. Contrarily to the dog who can be fooled with an empty plate. It's a Plate, it must have FOOD!, thinks the dog.

Nothing funnier than leaving table holding a plate horizontally, and walking around the table with a dog following you, completely rubbernecked, eyes glued to the plate, and bumping into the chairs because, hey, how could the dog even stop watching the plate for even one second? Looking at the plate is more important than looking at where they're walking...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads