• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why I play pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKreagon

First Post
sad well maybe to each there own its more of a symbolic more or less we burned the books cause we felt that the system was not worth the paper it was printed on. So yea we burnt it and we had a good time doing it too and we said farewell to a crappy system that we wont play. I am not hating on other people who play 4th edition I am glad that they enjoy and spend money on DND thats a good thing

Dannager

First Post
sad well maybe to each there own its more of a symbolic more or less we burned the books cause we felt that the system was not worth the paper it was printed on. So yea we burnt it and we had a good time doing it too and we said farewell to a crappy system that we wont play. I am not hating on other people who play 4th edition I am glad that they enjoy and spend money on DND thats a good thing

Of course, instead of doing something reasonable with those books, like donating them to a local library, selling them to a used book store, putting them on eBay, or giving them to friends who might enjoy 4e (all of which would make it easier for others to enjoy D&D), you burned books in a bonfire because you didn't like what they said.

I love Paizo to death, but boy if their fans don't make it sting a little.

McKreagon

First Post
Its true that we could of done something better than burning the books. But yea got to understand that we were angery heck still are at WOTC for ruining such a good system. I know theres tons of 4ed fans out there but I am stuck in my ways I guess. And if I wanted to play a game with dailyies and powers I would hop on my computer and play any MMO thats out there but if I want the feel of good ole table top I will stick with 3.5 and pathfinder stick to a system thats good. Not a system that sold out to the big companyies. Not all evelution is good. Sure 4th ed is balanced and fighters can do more than just swing a sword. But it feels like they stripped out the feeling and char creation in DND. So heck yea I would do it over again if I had the chance. How dare they rune a game like DND and try to turn into something its not DND never should of been turned into a table top MMO. Makes me want get my hands on more 4th books and throw another party I dont really care if thats crazy or even wrong. In my mind what they did to DND is wrong

TanisFrey

First Post
Burn My 4e books ?????? You say???

I am not spending $$$$$$ to support 4e just so I can burn the book. I saw the PBH 4ed book before is was published, without pirating it, and went "That not a game for Me." Thus I never bough them.

Dannager

First Post
Its true that we could of done something better than burning the books. But yea got to understand that we were angery heck still are at WOTC for ruining such a good system. I know theres tons of 4ed fans out there but I am stuck in my ways I guess. And if I wanted to play a game with dailyies and powers I would hop on my computer and play any MMO thats out there but if I want the feel of good ole table top I will stick with 3.5 and pathfinder stick to a system thats good. Not a system that sold out to the big companyies. Not all evelution is good. Sure 4th ed is balanced and fighters can do more than just swing a sword. But it feels like they stripped out the feeling and char creation in DND. So heck yea I would do it over again if I had the chance. How dare they rune a game like DND and try to turn into something its not DND never should of been turned into a table top MMO. Makes me want get my hands on more 4th books and throw another party I dont really care if thats crazy or even wrong. In my mind what they did to DND is wrong

This is blind frothing rage at its finest. The fact that it's capped off with an honest-to-god book burning is frosting on the cake.

WotC enraged you by releasing a game you didn't like so much that you burned books.

brewdus

Banned
Banned
I don't think most of the rage against 4e is against the system itself, so much as against the marketing scheme that WOTC came up with. First by saying they weren't working on a new system, and then a few months later announcing it. Then when they were gearing up for the release, they started saying how much 3e sucked and how much better 4e was. Nice way to crap on a loyal customer base. What would the 4e fans say if all of a sudden, WOTC said " we've decided 4e blows, so heres a nice new shiny 5th edition that's way better"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads