• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wii

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yeah, I expect people will use it mostly for save files, but I think you can download games to it too, via the Wii Store.

I played a lot of Wii Sports and Ultimate Alliance. Cool games, and I got used to the controls really quickly!

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Jdvn1 said:
I played a lot of Wii Sports and Ultimate Alliance. Cool games, and I got used to the controls really quickly!
How easy is activating powers in UA? I've heard that you can activate 10-15 powers with gestures?

BrooklynKnight said:
Anyone posting their Wii Friend code yet?
Soon as I figure out what it is :) And I think I need to open some ports in the firewall...

BrooklynKnight

First Post
The Wii Message Board, click on Address Book. Your friend code is in there.

The Wii FRiend code works a lot like the DS Friend Codes

I'll post mine after a few people post theirs.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
thatdarncat said:
How easy is activating powers in UA? I've heard that you can activate 10-15 powers with gestures?
I've only played enough to activate three different powers, but each character has a list of probably 15-20, I'd say. I didn't actually count.

Activating powers are relatively easy, though sometimes a bit goofy. You're sometimes able to activate whatever powers you have available and you sometimes have to select them in the in-game list first. I'm not sure what triggers determines it yet.

In general, to activate a power, you hold down the B button and then press another button or wave the controller in the appropriate motion. There's a controller calibration thing at the beginning, to make sure you know what they're talking about.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Apparently it's actually happened to one of the supervisors here at work. Or rather his drunk friend. I'm still taking it with a grain of salt - my remote strap seems sturdy enough.

thatdarncat said:
Apparently it's actually happened to one of the supervisors here at work. Or rather his drunk friend. I'm still taking it with a grain of salt - my remote strap seems sturdy enough.
And its a non-issue anyway if you actually hold onto the wiimote...you know, like you're supposed to.

Pretty much every instance I've heard about people breaking things are either drunk stories, idiots, or people that just plain aren't holding the thing so it slips and flies away. Its not like the remote is at ALL slippery, though...OR hard to hold.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads