D&D 3E/3.5 Will you still play 3.5?

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
AllisterH said:
Of course I'm going to keep my 3.x books (kept my 2nd ed books) since there always is some crunch/fluff I can use in the latter editions.

Yep, I've kept all my goodies from every edition/version of the game, and I often whip them out for reference or fluff or a conversion or what not.

It is also nice to have so you can break out with "See, this was a particularly annoying/crap etc version of the game…"

DaveyJones

First Post
Cadfan said:
I'm sure I'll play it if/when other people I know want to run games.
:ditto:
we are playing in a sporadic campaign. but we probably will continue playing it when we get around to it. it being the revised d02 game, not 4ed.

otherwise we will play the other games we play. m&m, gurps, wh, dread, OD&D, etc...

nerfherder

Explorer
Halivar said:
For those making the switch: are you going to keep your 3.5 books? How often do you see yourself pulling them back out?
I keep all of my old books - I'm a hoarder. I enjoy pulling out an old gaming book from the bookshelf and reading through it. Plus, I'm in a 3.0 game at the moment, which I expect to continue on using 3.0 even when I start a 4e game.

Lord Ernie

First Post
Considering we're about to actually start a 3.5 game, yeah, I am. It'll be a while before 4th offers all the potential archetypes in 3.5 (I, for one, can't wait for an Enchanter/Beguiler class that's not completely nerved by undead and constructs, for once).

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm very unlikely to play in another 3e game, I would suspect, unless a DM at a games weekend I occasionally attend decides he wants to stick with it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll be DMing a new campaign with 4e (and ending my old one), staying with 3.5 in another campaign where I'm a player, and I may or may not be switching over a third campaign.. that one remains to be seen. I certainly won't get rid of my books. That's crazy talk!

PHGraves

First Post
While what we've seen of 4E will fit my (heavily house-ruled) XCrawl game, I will have to wait for more info before changing out my other game.

That being said the other three 3.5E games I play in are not changing.

AstroCat

Adventurer
I won't be selling my 3.5 books but I won't run any more 3.5 games when I finish the current campaign, probably in the next couple of months. My next campaign, hopefully starting in June will be 4E.

I would be willing to play in, but not run 3.5 games in the future but will almost always choose 4E if the option is available. :)

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I'll start two campaigns in this spring/summer.

One, starting in June, will be using 4e. The players are the more casual type which will not complain about an - apparent - loss of options.

The second, starting in May, will exclusively use 3.5e. It is a more roleplaying focused group which will run through a campaign set in Monte Cook's Ptolus. As this setting is so tightly interwoven with 3(.5)e, showcasing many of it's assumptions, I will not even try to re-engineer it to 4e.

---
Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

Remove ads