• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wing and Sword: Life During Wartime

Bobitron

Explorer
ooc: Init is a 3. :(

"Normand!" The words seem to escape Marcel's mouth in slow motion as the big Frenchman gets close to the viper. He swings the butt of his rifle down in an attempt to crush the snake, but he fears he is too late!

ooc: To hit is a 3 as well, dang it!

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Pyotr notes his observations and turns to Nedjar, confirming them. "If anyone came down this way it'd be from either of those two ridges, " he says, emphasizing them with his fingers.

The Shaman

First Post
The snake strikes at Normand before the warning can leave Marcel’s lips. The boxer’s reflexes work faster than conscious thought, and the viper’s fangs find air where the grenadier’s calf was a moment before. Melee attack – bite 10.

The snake withdraws quickly from its hiding place under the sand, sidewinding across the shifting ground toward the base of one of the rock walls, its scales rasping against one another with a sound like sandpaper rubbed together very rapidly. Even coiled into an S-shape as it undulates, the legionnaires can see the snake is easily some 75 cm long. Normand may take an attack of opportunity against the snake as it withdraws.

The Shaman

First Post
The grenadier’s boot heel catches the reptile square on the head, crushing it with a sound like twigs snapping. The body of the snake writhes wildly around on the sand, then lies still.

Barak

First Post
Normand quickly pulls out his knife, and plants it in the snake's head. Looking to Marcel, he shrugs.

"Hope ya ain't a snake-lover, doc. Me, I hate the suckers."

Bobitron

Explorer
"Ahh... no. Can't say I am." Marcel notices his heart is racing even faster than in the last combat. He laughs nervously.

"Haha! Well that's that. Careful where you step." Swinging up his rifle, he wipes the butt clean where he had slammed it into the ground then falls back into place behind Normand.

ooc: Whew!

Barak

First Post
Normand wipes off his knife on the ground, and then on his pants before re-sheating it. He then grabs the corpse, and drops it in his pack, thinking he might make some money out of the corpse.

"Ahh Doc, ya need to drop a grenade at your own feet, and have it blow up. I'm telling ya, it puts a viper into perspective. That, and sharing a barrack with Ortu."

shibata

First Post
Barzini readies a smoke grenade and a fragmentation grenade (by straigtening the safety pins, ensuring the fuzes are screwed securely to the bodies, and making sure of their location so they can be had without looking) and as he waits for the sergeant, he checks the operation of his flashlight and hooks it to the suspenders of his webbing; the magazine of his submachinegun is removed, visually inspected for dirt and damage, manually checked for spring action and capacity, and reseated in the well of the trusty MAT49.

Remove ads