Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Sialia said:
Ok, for those still tapping their fingers out there: who can write a short verse of no more than 15 lines about the following photo before Mythago posts?

Amuse me.

Here I came apun a wintery scene,
A moose out hunting for mid-winter green,

Lacking leaves he found a feline instead,
and sniffed the top of the wayward cats head.

Okay got nowhere else to go there so how 'bout a lymerick...

There once was a Moose out in the snow
that was hunting for something agrow
it was a tremendous surprise
when he noosed a cat in the eye
and now my rhyme has nowhere to go

I would try my hand a iambic pentameter, but would fail mightily.

TTFN

EvilE

mythago

Hero
The Bard, I ain't

It was in late December that I sought
To bind to me a man already wed
I knew he scorned to shame his marriage bed,
For my amusement, as indeed he ought--

So, using darkest magic as my tool,
I bound the love-spell's power in a draught
To give him as a friendship gift; I laughed
To know how soon his wife would play the fool

But as I placed it in the snow to chill
A moose came from the woods toward my flank
I dropped the bowl, and then it stooped and drank
Of potion and love-magic took its fill.

Poor curious Grimalkin caught its eye!
Now moose and cat will love until they die.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Sialia said:
Or this one:

How about a nice haiku? Or a limerick?

Normally, I would
commit Haiku upon the
drop of hat from head.

There once was a dishwasher for cats,
it beat out the one full of rats,
it got rid of the fleas,
as quick as you please,
and had a quite cycle for bats.

Zhaneel

First Post
I don't do poetry. :)

But those are cute pics... :)

It was a cold December night. Or at least it was cold for California. And I'm not talking Bay Area or LA. I'm talking northern California. You know, where it snows? No, not Tahoe.

Anyway, it was a cold December night, and there was snow covering the ground of my yard. I live in a well insulated house, so the fire inside was lovely. I was all ready to cuddle up with a book and a crocheted afghan when I heard Miss Prissy whining at the door.

I sighed. Miss Prissy is one of my many cats. Most of the cats, being the intelligent beings they are, had come in from the cold a long time ago. But Miss Prissy, didn't deign to come in. She had stayed outside, exploring the snows and shacking her paws because they were wet. I don't know if she ever connected the snow to the water she hated appearing on her paws.

But it seemed the cold had finally penetrated her white and grey fur, so she was asking to come in. I stood up and shivered a little at the change in temperature. I made my way across the living room and rounded the kitchen.

I was momentarily distracted by the small pride of kittens from Lady Marmalade's last litter climbing over the now empty dishwasher. They were everywhere and exploring everything. And it seemed the leftover heat from the recently washed dishes had attracted them. I was thankful that I had managed to already put away all the dishes, but mentally smacked myself for not closing the machine. My mother always said if my head wasn't attached, I forget it somewhere. For now, I just shook my head at the kitten's antics and made my way to the back door.

Miss Prissy wasn't there when I opened the door. Since she has a habit of calling but not waiting, I stuck my head out into the cold air and looked around for her.

I was severly surprised by what I saw. There was Miss Prissy nose-to-nose with a moose. She was trying to be brave, to not seem threatened by this huge monster, but it was clear she was on edge. I, on the other, restrained the urge to laugh and prayed that Miss Prissy didn't try to claw her new acquantance, as she'd lose and I wouldn't be able to protect her. They stood quietly, each smelling each other and trying to figure out what this other creature was.

Then I coughed, from the cold and the moment was broken. The moose looked up, and seeing me decided to lumber away. Miss Prissy stared after the moose for a while, before deciding to notice that I had answered her calls. She shook her fur and sauntered over to the door and slowly entered, looking back once at the retreating tail of the moose.

Zhaneel

Okay, so not really SF/F at all, but it was the best I could do in 10 minutes.

alsih2o

First Post
Sialia said:
Ok, for those still tapping their fingers out there: who can write a short verse of no more than 15 lines about the following photo before Mythago posts?

Amuse me.

Cordata, corrupted by a transposed habitat.

Nine live, four stomachs and a wintery coat.

In the cool chamber of cedars the ungulate will follow dreams of prey and light feet.

twitching in an ancestral rememberance of shared history.

The cat will dine on tuna.

Cordata, corrupted by transposed habitat.

Purse nets and retractable claws sweeping through flesh.

The cat will dine on tuna.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
While awaiting the judges of three,
Maldur, Arwink, Mythago,
We had a short moment of glee,
Not that the Judges were slow,
But our attention spans are short.

So we joined in poetic melee,
To hurrying along the show
and display what good sports we can be,
You hope my rhyming will go
and be replaced with the final report.

Show time or the poetry gets it!

TTFN

EvilE

Editted: Ow, this poem kinda goes flows along nicely then ~clank~, hehe I like it.--- Final Report or more bad poems!!

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
You guys are the best!

Many thanks, I am amused.

Here's mine:

I have no regrets,
fairy godmother,
no regrets at all
I was tired
of scrubbing dishes
and laundry