• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Winter IrondDM (Winner)!

mythago

Hero
It's good I did mine last night, because I wouldn't have felt up to it either. :(

If incognito's willing, I'd be happy to set aside the round and do a rematch.

Quickbeam

Explorer
mirthcard & mythago:

It's people llike yourselves, behaving as you have today, that make me proud to be a part of EN World. I'm sure your sentiments are shared by many.

incognito

First Post
mirthcard: I hear you, pal.

My first reaction was to give mythago the round, in deference to his hard work. Due the the circumstances, and since he is willing to have a "do over," I am willing to create a new set of ingredients.

Since it takes me a short while to prepare the ingredients (I was going to do the Round 2 ingredients tonight), and since I cannot be sure who is around on the boards, we'll begin again on Monday.

If at that time, you are still feeling down, I will cede the Round to mythago

And of course, my sincere condolences go out to NASA, the families of the shuttle; I remember the shutle explosion 17 years ago like it was yesterday...

Mirth

Explorer
Mythago, thanks for the gesture. It was very nice and I appreciate the sincerity.

However, I ceded the round to you. You did the work and you should take the round, no ifs ands or buts. I easily could have done my entry. I had it all laid out and organized. I simply didn't feel like working on it. It was my conscious choice to give you the round and I don't think I'm interested in a do-over. No ill will here, no regrets either. I'll have another chance in another Iron DM contest, don't worry.

It's not like I became a basket case or anything either. I just felt bummed, that's all. That moment in 11th grade where I watched the Challenger blow up in real time on TV just came flooding back and I felt overwhelmed. I'm doing fine now, though:)

Mythago, QB, Nifft, incognito - all of you are what makes ENWorld such a great place. Go on with the competition and I'll root from the sidelines.

Thanks again for trying to bend over backwards for a guy.

Good luck everyone:D

mythago

Hero
I'd argue with you, but I have a feeling it would degenerate into one of those ludicrous "No, YOU go first!' "No, I insist, YOU go first!" fights......

Tell you what, can you at least post your entry when you get around to tidying it up? I'd like to see how badly you would have kicked my butt! ;)

Gizzard

First Post
On a lighter note, I just printed out Seasong's entry for my secret DM idea folder and noticed something that he didnt cover in his exposition:

From the description of the Diamond:
It is bitterly cold to the touch (1d6 cold damage per round held), and chills its immediate area to arctic temperatures.

and:
Any PCs with a good Listen check might, at this point, notice the very, very, very faint moan emanating from Rupert's waist.

What to say about that except -> :-0

seasong

First Post
Lots of cloth padding :).

I probably should have described the safeguards that can allow one to carry it safely... Poor Rupert.

Remove ads