D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

OB1

Jedi Master
Wizards will add a category on their Discord server after the announcements. Seems like something big that people can start talking immediately. Maybe "tarrasque-sized" as a 5.5 preview UA will be released at the end of stream, with feedback on Discord channel (do you remember the recent tweet from Crawford, about seeing something about new rules real soon?). Or a new Videogame (as games, tabletop or video, will have each a category).

Or... A beta of their VTT. That would be tarrasque sized change indeed.
I'm not sure a videogame would quite rise to the level of Tarrasque-sized, but I think a 50AE Playtest or VTT Beta would. As could a new DDB tier that gives you access to all content for a higher monthly subscription rate.

I would bet Eldraine was designed for different plataforms, not only for Magic and D&D but also to be adapted to a Hollywood production in the future.

We know nothing about the videogame projects. Maybe the studios would rather creative independence, and Hasbro respect that. A videogame based in Gamma World, or Birthright shouldn't be totally impossible.

Maybe it is a new IP but I don't remember WotC showing a new line (without previous links to Magic) but Eberron, Nentir Vale, and in certain way, Radiant Citadel

I guess it has to be something with kaijus, not only classic dinosaurs (these are "public domain", and they can be sold by other toy companies) but with their own original trademark creatures.

* Maybe a crossover Ultraman(mash-up version)-D&D?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm not sure a videogame would quite rise to the level of Tarrasque-sized, but I think a 50AE Playtest or VTT Beta would. As could a new DDB tier that gives you access to all content for a higher monthly subscription rate.
A VTT would be huge. I doubt that the 2024 revision will have an all-encompassing playtest, but look a bit more like the Xanathar's and Tasha's options playtests.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
A VTT reveal would be huge.

Opening the remaining legacy settings to the DM's Guild would be huge.

Another open playtest for the revisions in 2024 would be huge.

Announcing their remaining slate of planned classic settings, the APs for the next year, the MtG setting books, the original settings they're planning, etc. Like they do with MtG. Announce the next year or more of stuff in the pipe.

To expand on yhat: the quickest turnaround for a return to a Magic Set re entry is 4 years (Zendikar and Dominaria) the newest Setting we can expect to see next year, then, is Eldraine, which could kick ass in a D&D book.
I wasn't thinking that there would be a parallel MtG release. If I remember correctly, the MtG Ikoria stuff was about 2 years ago. This may be something that has been in development for D&D for a while, but spent some time in development hell. Perhaps until they decided to combine it with giants so there would be player options.

Last edited:

Remove ads