D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
If 5e could combine 13th age, MCDM monster design, and 4e with whatever magic 5e seems to have that makes it so successful, I'd be happy.
The magic of 5E seems to be a combination of a few factors. Timing is a huge factor. Being a kind of nostalgia throwback to earlier editions is another factor. Not being as combat/skirmish-focused as 4E is another. 5E is the second best edition of D&D in a lot of areas. It only seems to be the best at being ridiculously popular.

The magic of 5E seems to be a combination of a few factors. Timing is a huge factor. Being a kind of nostalgia throwback to earlier editions is another factor. Not being as combat/skirmish-focused as 4E is another. 5E is the second best edition of D&D in a lot of areas. It only seems to be the best at being ridiculously popular.

being second best in many areas and first in some important onces, leads 5e to be the best in broad terms. Although the one area 5e isn't even second best is in the area of lore, in which sadly its nearly dead last, but has the advantage of previous editions lore now being so accessibe, then folks can milk that to fill on some of the gaps.

being second best in many areas and first in some important onces, leads 5e to be the best in broad terms. Although the one area 5e isn't even second best is in the area of lore, in which sadly its nearly dead last, but has the advantage of previous editions lore now being so accessibe, then folks can milk that to fill on some of the gaps.
I still don’t agree with you about lore, but I don’t feel about arguing about it

It's a shakycam shot of an internal-only document from a brand new reddit account, but supposedly they're going to announce changes to the D&DBeyond subscription model:

ezgif-5-3aa38da4cd.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases