WotC World Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 Gameplay at PAX!

gyor

Legend
I wonder how Dragonborn look like (assuming there isn't one on the pictures I weren't able to load yet).
The Red Prince was already looking good in Divinity but the graphics in BG3 are leagues better and less comical.

Here is an article with easier to view versions of the pictures.

Derren

Hero
Here is an article with easier to view versions of the pictures.

Thanks. But by now I managed to load all of them.
I wonder if that Gith is the same one who rode the dragon in the trailer.

The reception so far seems rather lackluster with many people disliking turn based combat and fearing it will be "too much like Divinity"

Looks pretty good so far. Some of the combat screenshots immediately assuaged some worries: hit points aren't inflated, and I can immediately recognize some spells that use similar icons from the previous games (one preview I saw showed a wizard with Grease, Magic Missile, and Fireball, among others, on the action bar)

slobster

Hero
Yeah the dialogue options are going to take some getting used to, but if D:OS-style turn-based combat is confirmed I am 100% here for it
The past tense dialog is really interesting, even if my initial response is dislike. But I think it's interesting enough to give a chance, and I can see how it might theoretically aid a feeling of literary scope and flavor if the rest of the game supports it, so we'll see.

Other than that I'm stoked about the turn based aspect, I would have put money down that no AAA title in 2020 would have taken a risk on a turn based combat system. Really happy to be proven wrong!

gyor

Legend
Thanks. But by now I managed to load all of them.
I wonder if that Gith is the same one who rode the dragon in the trailer.

The reception so far seems rather lackluster with many people disliking turn based combat and fearing it will be "too much like Divinity"

They look different.

Derren

Hero
I didn't expect them to have Spelljammer. Or playable Githyanki or Vampire Spawn

Also, rather restricted class list. Hopefully they will add more.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases