• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Character Name

psionotic

Re: bad names

Treacherous said:

I have played with and DMed for several people in the RPGA with some of the worst character names I've ever seen: Princess Venus, a sorceress and Timekeeper, a wizard. Then there is a local favorite, the player of PC Death Dragonslayer, in Living City. He has similarly named characters in other living campaigns--Death Eagle is his Greyhawk character, and there are others I mercifully can't recall.

Hear, hear, brother. I once ran across a halfling in Living City named Deuce Bigalow! I mean, c'mon!! The movie wasn't even watchable, for gawd's sake!!

Lordrel

First Post
Hmmm....

We once had a character named Giouge Daksop...which was bad enough...but a friend of mine observing the game one night misread the character sheet, and hence Giouge was renamed Gouge Balsac......

Had a Thri-Kreen fighter/thief I named Likassred....read that real close....I changed the spelling later...

Sir Hawkeye

First Post
Flai Ying the Gnome mage
Mister Mann and Cool Mannmann, both Dwarf fighters
Luke Skyjogger, some sort of fighter.
Bobo Baggins, halfling thief.
Obee Wankenobee, possibly a mage of some sort.
Hans Olo, a rogue
Fodoran Fondonson, human cleric
Orinbob, Elven ranger.

My first character, an elven thief in 2E:
Guy, who later changed his name to:
Mac, who met up with a gnome who referred to him as "Big Mac"

Rasputin

First Post
There is one individual in our group who never seems to put much effort into his characters' names. His most recent one is for his gnomish illusionist, Davis Copperpiece.

Grim

First Post
Lets see...

Hobin Kobad- I came up with his name while flipping through the MM, and i passed Hobgoblin and Kobold.

Stimpy Vermincrusher - the really short dwarf with the corny last name stolen from Wulf Ratbane

Gimpy Vermincrusher- another dwarf, this one only a cohort of my main character at the time

Smiley- kobold thief named because when i traced his character portrait from the MM i messed up some lines and he had this HUGE grin

Balin-Jamison- everyone couldn't remember his name, so they started calling him BJ.

Lauc Valnor- an elven rogue/ranger who really liked using a bow, so everyone would keep saying "Lauc and load" whenever i rolled an attack.

One name i wanted to use but haven't gotten the chance to:

Commander Gonad

Grim

First Post
Oh, and my friend played a monk who latter became a drunken master.
He named his character Chubbs Blotto (like what you do with ink, with an O at the end)

And the inn chain he opened is called Drunky's.

Another friend had a fighter, Sir Ruth , whose model had this big poofy hat. So he was renamend Gay Sir Ruth

AuroraGyps

First Post
Another weird name

Just remembered another friend's player name. The story goes that while he was at work, he and some co-workers were talking about palindromes. They started thinking of names that worked, like Bob and Hannah. Well, this guy Greg, who was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, says, "Hey, my name's a palindrome!" To which everyone went, "Yeah, right... GERG!" So later, during some fantasy game, my friend had to name his not-so-bright half-giant Gerg.

the Jester

Legend
Heh... right now there's an orcish fighter named Moist Towlette in my game.

Back in the ol' 2e days there was one named Proctor Mansack...

Creamsteak

Explorer
How many people have named a character Jack Daniels you think?

My favorite name so far is Sanctus Punitor (I think it means holy avenger in latin)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads