• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Possible Party Combinations

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... without obviously unplayable (well, you know what I mean) things like low-Int wizards. ;)

Bard
Hexblade
Ninja
Samurai

Bye
Thanee

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
My party has:

Frenzied Berserker
Warlock
Bard
Dragon Shaman
Shifter

The Dragon Shaman, and Bard "buff" the party while the Warlock fires from long range. They're 9th level and 5 CR1 zombies give them fits.

Really? That doesn't seem all that terrible. I want more details! :D

Thanee

First Post
Yeah, the Barbarian alone should have no trouble with five (fairly normal) zombies, not to mention the Warlock. ;)

Bye
Thanee

GoodKingJayIII said:
Really? That doesn't seem all that terrible. I want more details! :D

The party forms 2 lnes initially, the shifter and frenzied berserker in front the rest about 20' back. The bard sings and the dragon shaman puts up an aura. battle ensues and enventually the frenzied berserker gets hit (because he wants the bonuses, so he stood there until he got hit) goes nuts and starts attacking everything, he eventually moves out of range of the 3 back row PCs and the shifter gets double or triple teamed and has to retreat, the undead move up to the back row PCs so the shifter moves out of their way and gets chased by the frenzied berserker. Now it's 3 zombies vs. the rest of the PCs. The warlock keeps retreating to keep his distance and the bard engages them.

Usually the shifter goes down and either the dragon shaman or bard go down.

After the barbarian goes frenzied, there's no longer a frontline fighter, there's no arcane caster, no divine caster, and no rogue (not that it would matter against undead but he could at least help with flanks).

It's like 4 pacifists and a pitbull, somebody's going to get hurt.

Dragonbait

Explorer
*A bard played by a person who thinks that the only sign that your character is useful is when you do the most damage.
*A wizard played by a person who thinks that 2d8 damage for a melee weapon is weak, and really does not want to read or research anything, including how to use magic in the game.
*The Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 6 half-orc barbarian is played by a person who wants everything to be a military campaign and tries to take command of the goup at all times.
*the cleric is played by someone who shows up about 25% of the time, and takes his character sheet with him.
*The heavy roleplayer makes a Cha 8 character and does not talk through most of the session.

Oh wait, you said worst party combo, not worst player combo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads