• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst Puns you ever did.

BaldHero

First Post
i once had characters recovering from an ambush in a quiet gnome village.
When they learned that their gear had been crated up, they asked to have it returned.
Their gnome friend handed them a short stick with a dead blackbird strapped to the end of it.

They had to wave the stick over the magic crate to open it and get their gear.
It was of course, a crowbar.
L.

kenobi65

First Post
BaldHero said:
i once had characters recovering from an ambush in a quiet gnome village.
When they learned that their gear had been crated up, they asked to have it returned.
Their gnome friend handed them a short stick with a dead blackbird strapped to the end of it.

They had to wave the stick over the magic crate to open it and get their gear.
It was of course, a crowbar.
L.

One of my old PCs, a magic-user (that's how long ago it was) had a crow familiar named Barr.

Voadam

Legend
I ran a couple levels of Castle Greyhawk.

Dough golem shaped like a little round boy.

A meat golem with Calamari (an Octopus) as the head: The dreaded Mind Fileter.

Gummi werebears (or was it gummi bugbears?).

Kid Socrates

First Post
I had an NPC that the party knew go undercover to help them as Steve Incognito. The best part is, Incognito is a real last name. The St. Louis Rams have a center named Richie Incognito.

One of my players is the punmaster, though -- I'll check the logs for some of his best.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Just this last Saturday, I was setting up for our game night in the dining room while the players were in the kitchen making some food. For some reason, they got into a discussion of how to pronounce "some onions" in French, which is des oignons.

I piped up from the other room, "Isn't that the spell where onions are prevented from taking any actions for a round?"

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Slife said:
Well, my epic transmuter once walked down the street and turned into a store.
:D

I was playing a dwarven cannoneer in an NC Game Day game this past Saturday. When we were attacked by a vicious whale, I managed to crit it and shoot off one of its fins, killing it. I fended off my crew's congratulations*, saying, "Arr, 'twas just a fluke shot."

Daniel

* not that anyone congratulated me, dagnabbit

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Pielorinho said:
* not that anyone congratulated me, dagnabbit
I would have. For the pun, if nothing else. you're lucky that whale hunting wasn't illegal; the police might have given you a cetacean.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Piratecat said:
you're lucky that whale hunting wasn't illegal; the police might have given you a cetacean.
There are some gray areas in the laws concerning hunters' rights. The boys in blue are more likely to give your boat's pilot a ticket for breaching the speed limit.

Remove ads