D&D 5E WotC Delays New D&D Book Announcement

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

46DC5C6F-B5F2-4968-9AC0-963D767EEDFC.png

The book was due to be announced on Thursday 9th January after a mysterious entry appeared on Amazon with a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020. See the original news item here:
They haven't given a reason; back in November WotC delayed the launch of the sapphire D&D anniversary dice at the last minute, too.

ccs

41st lv DM
Now, it didn't even occur to me that the audiences wouldn't overlap, based on my personal experience. Millenial/Generation Z gamers love D&D, and love Pokemon. The Venn diagram overlap is no doubt extensive, and in my personal sphere coextensive.

Pokemon is going to be lighting up the gaming news in Thursday, and WotC core audience is likely going to be paying attention to that.

So you're saying that these Millenials & Zs can't focus on more than one thing at a time?

Catolias

Explorer
The book’s name is hiding in playing sight. It is “Com Ingsoon and the Keep of Adven Toorers Danglin”. It is an expansion of the FR westwards into the Forgettable Lands of Wothefa. Com Ingsoon is the author - much like Volo and Mordekainen has been in other 5e books. However, Com Ingsoon is a cleric of the avaricious profit driven god of the forgotten realms - Waukeen.

Horwath

Legend
Obviously they read all the speculation on EN World and changed their minds on what they should release.

Forgotten Realms Atlas for the win!

a 500+ page FR campaign setting would be most welcomed.

Harper scout subclasses for bards, rogues and rangers

Harper mage and Red wizard for wizards.

Incantatrix for sorcerers

official spell-less variants for Paladins and Rangers.

Remove ads

Remove ads