D&D 5E WotC Delays New D&D Book Announcement

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

This from WotC — “Get the quasits out of our office! Our plan to make a D&D book announcement on Thursday has been changed. Adventurers, mark your calendars for Monday, January 13.”

46DC5C6F-B5F2-4968-9AC0-963D767EEDFC.png

The book was due to be announced on Thursday 9th January after a mysterious entry appeared on Amazon with a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020. See the original news item here:
They haven't given a reason; back in November WotC delayed the launch of the sapphire D&D anniversary dice at the last minute, too.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I can’t imagine the audiences overlap all that much.

They don't have to.

Consider the office building*, on the day of a major release or announcement. You do not want two different parts of the office doing big things on the same day. There are shared resources involved, and you do not want them pulled in two directions at once.

I might guess that shared resources were part of the delay - any major release or announcement will have marketing assets that have to be ready to go. Artwork, text blurbs, the people who answer questions trained to give answers, and all that, have to be lined up. It is very easy for something to get jammed up and something not be ready when there's multiple big things happening at once.

So, yes, quazits in the works.

*Really, the organization as a whole - imagining a physical building is just a handy visualization.

gyor

Legend
The book’s name is hiding in playing sight. It is “Com Ingsoon and the Keep of Adven Toorers Danglin”. It is an expansion of the FR westwards into the Forgettable Lands of Wothefa. Com Ingsoon is the author - much like Volo and Mordekainen has been in other 5e books. However, Com Ingsoon is a cleric of the avaricious profit driven god of the forgotten realms - Waukeen.

Whatever it is you were smoking when you wrote that my Dad wants some, it must be the really good stuff.

Are you nuts? How can you think it could be anything that simple and mundane and not a conspiracy to alter the product release from a FR campaign guide to Spelljammer meets Dark Sun meets Magic the Gathering, Transformers and My Little Pony?

It will not be My Little Pony but My Little Centauress: Heroines from Equestria. And It will not be Dark Sun but about a planewalkers (from Kaladesh) who arrives to a dessert planet where a spelljammer crashed and there is a confrotation between transformers dinobots vs mad Max's road warriors (with more transformers as monster road vehicles).

Later will be the Transformers -Star Wars Legend crossover where it will tell how the transformers caused Yuuzhan Vong' robotphobia-tecnophobia, and we will see gladiator arenas of dinobots vs rancors and other kaijus.

Undrave

Legend
I can’t imagine the audiences overlap all that much.

raises hand

So it was a giant red herring after all? Interesting.

What's the CR of a Giant Red Herring?

Are you nuts? How can you think it could be anything that simple and mundane and not a conspiracy to alter the product release from a FR campaign guide to Spelljammer meets Dark Sun meets Magic the Gathering, Transformers and My Little Pony?

My Little Pony already has a liscenced game.

WizKids is releasing Transformers minis... I would LOVE for WotC to give us an official Transformers RPG.

Remove ads

Remove ads