• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC just mailed out VILLAGE OF HOMMLET 4E..got mine

D'karr

Adventurer
I'm a friend of The Rouse.

"D'rouse is the mind-killer. D'rouse is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face D'rouse. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see D'rouse's path. Where D'rouse has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Festivus

First Post
Don't know if anyone picked up on it in the thread here, but DMG2 is looking like it's either going to have rules for cohorts or hirelings. They refer to rules in the DMG2 a few times in the adventure itself... which I can't look up for a while yet :)

Festivus

First Post
I am going to ask some people in this thread to do me a favor and please chill out.

I don't want the thread to get locked due to back and forth bickering.

There is good information being shared here and I want people to know about the program

Yes it is a gimmick. We wanted to give away a nice freebie to:

a) Reward DMs for running games (DMs are our valuable customers and a great way to grwo the brand is to make more DMs) More DMs=more games=more players=brand growth

b) Raise awareness of this program. Who doesn't like free stuff? Especially getting free stuff for doing something fun like running a D&D game.

c) Get good/current contact info to use from time to time direct market to active customers. The marketing is mostly about about things they might want to know (like a game day dates and new programs). BTW this is an opt in program so we won't send you marketing emails unless you want them.

Thanks,

Scott,

Wanted to say it worked. A very anti-4E friend of mine said that if I ran this adventure, he would come and give 4E a try. Now the pressure is on my to make the session enjoyable. :) I suspect that this could also have allure to other older gamers such as him. You folks made a fine choice to take a classic adventure and update it to 4E ruleset but still stay very close to the original. Nice touch using some of the original artwork too.

So thank you for this freebie. If nothing else, the map is great to have as you never know when a fight will break out in a tavern.

brad-gardner

First Post
Comparison to Return to the Moathouse

First, as mentioned above, the adventure includes a reference to DMG II rules about companions. The example given is if the PCs don't have a defender they could get an NPC to go along and act as the defender. No rules on how to handle this are in the adventure; just a reference to DMGII.

There is no comparison between the Village of Homlett adventure and Return to the Moathouse 4E, which was a preview adventure through the RPGA in 2008. Although they adventure in the same area, the monster mix, rooms, etc. are 95% different. Also as noted before the Village of Homlett adventure includes the village itself.

avin

First Post
Scott,

I have been reporting games since last year but it's a bit confuse sometimes... I was always under impression that DM rewards was automatic, so I only subscribed to it later, a couple of months ago iirc, or is this subscription something new?

When you guys have some time, please, think about integrating your website systems: RPGA, forums and DDI using just one login... the way we report could be tweaked a bit, using a new interface and recording our most used players... ;)

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Scott,

I have been reporting games since last year but it's a bit confuse sometimes... I was always under impression that DM rewards was automatic, so I only subscribed to it later, a couple of months ago iirc, or is this subscription something new?

Reporting RPGA games does not mean you get rewards. Reporting is a function of the RPGA and rewards is a plugin to that. You'll need to sign up.

When you guys have some time, please, think about integrating your website systems: RPGA, forums and DDI using just one login... the way we report could be tweaked a bit, using a new interface and recording our most used players... ;)

Yes this needs needs to be fixed. we are dealing with 8+ years of hodge-podge web sites and databases. It is something we are working on.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sooo.. what am I doing wrong? I've been on the website and gotten DM rewards in the past, but that might have been with an earlier database. I tried to log in with my RPGA number. No luck. Any email in this DB would be a now-inactive one, and my email to custserv bounced.

Any ideas?

Remove ads