• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC just mailed out VILLAGE OF HOMMLET 4E..got mine

avin

First Post
I'm on DM Rewards, DMed the game day even when Wotc material was held by Brazil's custom office because somebody at brazilian side didn't explained to Wotc how brazilian's laws work.

Then Wotc canned DM rewards for south america, as far as I know... so I won't get this adventure.

Korgoth

First Post
Kind of funny thing I once heard....

To an American, 100 years is a long TIME ago. To a Brit, 100 miles is a long DISTANCE to travel.

Yet reverse the situation and neither the American or Brit would be impressed.

That's true. Living in Central Texas, if I want to go to a neighboring state I have to drive between 250-450 miles depending on which one I pick.

D'karr

Adventurer
Heck, my village has barns that are substantially older than the US. I live in one.

(To be clear, it has been converted into a house. . . .)

So if you walk out of a room and leave the door open, and someone yells, "Close the door, do you live in a barn?" You can confidently yell back at them, "YES, YES I DO!!!!"

Pretty cool.

vagabundo

Adventurer
You don't need to go to a convention to join, you can do it online. Follow this link and you will see what info you need to e-mail to Customer Service. Thats how I signed up for the RPGA.

And I too would love to see a full fledged 4E Temple of Elemental Evil come about.

Done. And experience to you, my friend.

I'm pretty sure I looked into becoming a member last year and was told I could only do it at a con. hmm.

Anyway. :D

@pedr: Thanks for the info, Well I've requested my RPGA number on the customer services website, so step 1 done.

Ahhh man, a test!! I'll have to go study. <starts to flick through his 4e books> :D

Last edited:

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
As Chris Tulach may have mentioned on the RPGA boards this is an international program (rewards in English only though). Here is the official FAQ:

Q. Where can I find out about DM Rewards?

A. Head to www.wizards.com/rpga/rewards This page outlines the program’s benefits and the specifics for earning rewards, and provides you with a link to sign up if you’re not already a member of the DM Rewards program.

Q. Do I have to have a DCI or RPGA number to sign up for DM Rewards?

A. Yes. You can obtain a number by attending an organized play event, such as a Living Forgotten Realms game or Delve Night. Alternatively, you can go to our Knowledge Base at http://wizards.custhelp.com and you can search our help for information on getting a number.

Q. I just signed up for DM Rewards. Will I get the adventure that was recently sent out?

A. Yes. We will continue to send the DM Rewards adventure for 2009 (“The Village of Hommlet”) to all new participants in the program on our mailing schedule. Our next mailing is scheduled for August, and we have mailings planned for October and February 2010 as well for those that sign up in 2009. So, if you sign up now, you’ll get the 2009 adventure in August. If you sign up in summer, you’ll get the adventure in October; those signing up in fall will get the adventure in February 2010.

Q. I live outside the US. Will I get DM Rewards?

A. Yes, as long as your contact information is valid, you should receive the DM Rewards that are due to you, no matter where you live in the world.

Q. Some people say they are receiving their rewards, but I don’t have mine yet. What should I do?

A. Wait until the month following the mail-out month. If you still haven’t received your rewards by then, you can contact us through our help system known as Knowledge Base at http://wizards.custhelp.com.

Q. Do I need to update my contact information to continue to receive the annual contact mailing for 2010 and beyond?

A. Yes. In your sign up year, you don’t need to update anything, but in order to receive the contact mailing for 2010, you’ll need to log into your profile and confirm your contact information by March 31, 2010. Even if you don’t have any changes to make, you’ll want to verify the information we have is correct and update it. In this way, we know you’ve logged in and verified your contact information. Simply log into your profile, click on “Personal Info,” and enter your information.

Q. I noticed by reading the DM Rewards information that I get cool rewards just for DMing games. Do I earn any points for playing games?

A. The DM Rewards program is meant to reward DMs for their hard work and time spent running D&D games. Playing a game does not earn you credit as a DM.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
So, the one WoTC 'adventure' that I'd even consider buying, I can't? (Actually, I don't give a fig about the adventure, I only want the village.)

Erik Mona

Adventurer
This sounds really cool.

I'd love to hear some details from someone who has this. Key questions for me:

1. What's the cover look like?

2. How many pages? B&W? Color?

3. Is the map more like the lovely 1e version or the somewhat less lovely 3e version?

4. Any easter eggs?

5. Any references to Greyhawk?

6. Rufus and Burne still sharing a room? Have they certified their Civil Union?

7. Is the moathouse included? How similar or different is it to the original or the RttToEE version?

8. Any mention of the temple of Tharizdun with the inverted obelisk and the grells (best encounter in RttToEE, imho).

9. Any mention of Andy Collins's ill-fated halfling Paddy Bristerbuck, killed by Utreshemon in the official 3e playtest run by Monte back in the day? What limited info I see makes it look like Andy Collins wrote at least part of this.

10. Any other general thoughts to share other than "I want one of these" or "I just got it"?

--Erik

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
So, the one WoTC 'adventure' that I'd even consider buying, I can't? (Actually, I don't give a fig about the adventure, I only want the village.)

Seriously, I'm not a 4E guy.
But as someone who was in the middle of converting the Moathouse to 4E for a possible run at the NYC D&D Meetup (the only way that I would have run anything 4E by the way...), I WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY PAID MONEY FOR THIS.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads