• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Favorite Fake Sci-Fi Profanity

What's your favorite fictional sci-fi profanity?

• Frell! (Farscape)

Votes: 66 33.0%
  • Frak! (Battlestar Galactica)

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Gorram! (Firefly)

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • Ruttin'! (Firefly)

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Nerf-herder! (Star Wars)

Votes: 24 12.0%
  • Belgium! (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Votes: 29 14.5%

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Yesterday I found myself in a public place with a perfectly good reason to swear out loud. Naturally, I didn't as one never knows if Eric's Grandma is out in public. However, it did occur to me that I, as a geek, had a pretty choice selection of sci-fi profanities I could pick from, that had little or no profane meaning to the outside world.

This, naturally, got me thinking about the variety of sci-fi swears, and which are the best. Which, naturally, got me thinking about the boards.

So how 'bout it? Which of the above sci-fi swears is your favorite?

(Write-in candidates encouraged if I've forgotten any, but lets stick to *fake* profanity, please. Eric's Grandma and all...)

Last edited:

Gronin

Explorer
I discovered Farscape only 4 months ago and have since seen every episode on DVD (and yes in spite of how it looks I have a life - I just don't sleep much). I now catch myself using the odd frell etc without thinking about it. So my vote goes for frell. Prior to finding Farscape my vote would have gone for gorram etc from Firefly. Although as I remember Shadowrun had some good ones......gonna have to go dig out the books now.

Mr Gone

First Post
Pirates of Dark water had two that I remember, pardon the spelling

Noi Jeatat (angry frustration)
Chungo lungo (Sudden surprise)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads