Your favorite TV/movie fight scene

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity

Daredevil has some of my favorite fight scenes. They are visceral and brutal. More importantly they all serve to tell the story of the characters. The final fight between Wilson Fisk and Matt Murdock is my absolute favorite because it shows the pull of violence, how easy it is to fall prey to it. This scene is great because it shows exactly how much Matt wants to kill Fisk, but also what makes him able to stop himself.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Anyone who loves the fighting in Daredevil needs to watch Banshee. It's a similar style, and Banshee did it first (and IMO, better - not to nock Daredevil, it had great fights.)

Stalker0

Legend
I'm a big fan of the Neo vs Smith fight in Matrix 2.

While it has some questionable CGI use, the reason I like it is its one of the very few fights I've seen that actually uses multiple fighters against one AT THE SAME TIME. In most choreography, its really just a well disguised series of 1 on 1 fights. But in this one, you can literally see smith attacking Neo at multiple angles at the same time, and what Neo has to do to defend against that.

One of the things I love about the fight is how it mirrors when my brother and I used to get into fights when we were kids. Frequently there's reach a moment where we would start to get exhausted, then one of us would remember the thing that set us off in the first place and back to fighting we would go.

Alley fight scene from "They Live." A knock-down, drag-out WWE style fight over not wanting to wear a pair of glasses. Poor fashion choice? So over the top that I couldn't help but love it.

There have been some great fights mentioned here.

For my part, I'm tempted to mention the Aragorn vs. Nazgul fight from Fellowship of the Ring, or Vader vs. Luke in Return of the Jedi. But in the end, while I feel like I could pretty much say "the entirety of The Raid 1 & 2," if I had to share one fight scene from them to get the point across at just how intense these scenes are, it's the bathroom scene from the sequel. It's jaw-droppingly brutal and so well choreographed:

Herschel

Adventurer
Banshee had a number of great fights. Kurt's final battle with his brother is especially poignant, and Chayton's demise is pure vengeance, though not so big an actual fight. The Darth Maul Duel (of the Fates) is also great, but my favorite for getting in a D&D mood might be Or possibly
for showing different styles.

Remove ads