• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Second Love

Stormborn

Explorer
Star Wars Saga is becoming that 2nd love, although up to now its d20 Modern. Not that I havent played other things. GURPS was fun, but we all but ignored the system most of the time. A section of Masks of Nyarlothotep played as a half-demon ex-cultist rogue Watcher and a slayer via Buffy's Unisystem was also fun but not significant. Uknown Armies probablly comes closest to a radically different system that I would love to play, but it really requires the right group.

Subumloc

First Post
I'd say it's Shadowrun. I started with its 4th edition, and while I admit there are some rules flaws, we had a blast with the setting. :)
Another game I love is Mutants&Masterminds, but unfortunately I haven't yet had the chance to play it except for a couple PbFs.

Psion

Adventurer
Traveller was the first non-D&D game I played with major zeal. Man, we had a blast with that game in the day.

Still do, every once in a while. :cool:

Wombat

First Post
This is hard -- I have to try and remember back through the fogs of time.. I mean, in some ways The Fantasy Trip might count as my "first love", as it came out slightly before D&D where I was. But they were pretty close in time for me.

"Second Love"? I'm pretty sure it was Traveller, the Three Little Black Books, although there was also Empire of the Petal Throne, Metamorphosis Alpha, and Chivalry & Sorcery pretty close in there as well...

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
First love: GURPs

Second love: Mutants and Masterminds

I actually started gaming with FASERIP Marvel then into ADnD1e but was never truly in love with them. I played a ton of different systems until I found GURPs and that was it. I was lucky enough to have found an awesome bunch of guys who played in my area. We played GURPs for close on 10 years I guess.

Mutants and Masterminds has become my new thing, I love it to death. I cant wait for Warriors and Warlocks to come out!!!

third love would have to be HEX as I LOVE pulp! And HEX is really good for it. The ubiquity system is probably the first dice pool mechanic that I truly enjoy.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Overall, it was Star Wars (D6) for me, judging that it is the game I ran most after D&D.
Me too. :)

Star Wars d6 was all kinds of fun for us back in high school and college. And it was all in the original trilogy universe (or as they say "before God went crazy").

Tooling around in Star Wars spaceships is just about as fun as tooling around in D&D dungeons.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
I'm seeing a lot of love for Traveler here. One of these days I'm going to have to set up my Traveler dream game: round-robin GMs and a crew of explorers. Each GM runs one "episode", where the group goes down to a planet, meets a new alien species, solves the problem, and moves on to the next planet. Yes, it's Star Trek, and no, I don't feel bad about that. :p

Remove ads