D&D 5E Zard's Post Tasha's Archetype Tier List

Zardnaar

Legend
The rules are that if you have a focus in hand you can use it for the M component and use the same hand holding the focus for the S component.

The problem most caster have is this doesn't work for S components if there is no M component. So most caster need Warcaster to cast Shield I'd they have their hands full even if one of them is their focus (ie Focus works for VM and VSM spells but not VS or S spells)

This is not the case with Artificers because they add the M component to ALL spells for them. So having a Focus in their hand (say an infused weapon) let's them do both the S and M component. They don't need Warcaster to cast Shield if one of their hands is holding a focus.

Point except you explained it slightly convoluted.

M part is still irrelevant in regards to the focus as it was the S part tripping up.

If you infuse a weapon or shield you can essentially ignore the S part and still fight vs pure spellcaster artificer not bothering with full hands.

Checked 3 sections in two different books mein gott 5E layout.

Zardnaar

Legend
Our artificer is actually a way better sailor than the EK if he is proficient in water vehicles.

He will be an expert, cast guidance and better stats that are relevant.

Not sure if he realizes that. This session I was going to let them change some things to match up the campaign.

Eg I don't think the Artificer is proficient in navigation tools that's useful on a sailing ship.

The EK took sailor back ground and that's kinda his thing and the other PCs let him do that.

A new player is also a better second mate than another one but he is grandfathered in.

I don't think they have realized this but I might mention it. Also was going to let them change things up with Tasha's to some extent. no readjust stats but swap out spells, and skill tweak maybe.

I don't think the Artificer player owns Xanathars, one or two others do while one other owns Tasha's.

Except for Artificer. For Artificer it is VSM because all spells are considered to have M as stated in their Spellcasting feature. Oops to you.
This hadn't come up for us, but it is absolutely correct. Shield, as cast by an artificer, is SM, so no need for Warcaster, no mater haw RAW your game. I learned something new today!

Zardnaar

Legend
Same here - one could say this improves the GISH potential of the battlesmith.

Battkesmith was already one if the better gish kinda like hexblade. Reducing MAD helps so much.

The only real issue is they've reduced most of the drawbacks of armor as well except the weight.

So an Armorer can jump in heavy armor, have the full speed without 15 strength but yeah trip up on weight.

The area temp hp of the turret is... quite weak compared to the twilight cleric's temp HP aura.
At high levels, yes. But pretty much every temp-HP-granting ability and most other party-defence abilities are also weak compared to the twilight cleric's channel divinity.

I feel the need to houserule specific classes or archetypes very rarely. Twilight Cleric is one of very few that I'd adjust immediately if someone wanted to pay it. (And adjust two different domain features at that.)

Zardnaar

Legend
At high levels, yes. But pretty much every temp-HP-granting ability and most other party-defence abilities are also weak compared to the twilight cleric's channel divinity.

I feel the need to houserule specific classes or archetypes very rarely. Twilight Cleric is one of very few that I'd adjust immediately if someone wanted to pay it. (And adjust two different domain features at that.)

Apparently it's very broken when you have Twilight+Peace togather in same party.

IDK if it's busted by itself but S tier seems no brainer.

Remove ads