HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna had been politely sipping the whiskey, not imbibing enough to have it affect her faculties though.

Bidding farewell to the bartender, "I am sure we will be back. Take care of yourself, Zokar and have a pleasant evening."

Firvin is curious about the statue that was mentioned, but decides that it can wait until daylight tomorrow. Keeping her eyes open she will hum and elven song as they are making there way outside.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál stands with the others, glancing curiously at the card sharks but paying them little mind. "Zokar, your hospitality - and your whiskey - has been most excellent. I'm certain I'll be back in for another draught!" He makes his way to the door and out into the cool night air.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Halál takes a deep breath of the cool air to help clear his head. As he looks back Firvin is making her way to the doorway and Gergori and Marshan look to be coming also.

Everyone notices when the old cad player cries out truimphantly, "Told you I'd beat you. Founder's Tower!" he says lying his hand down on the table...

And suddenly a flash of bright light erupts from the cards. A pillar of flame shoots two feet into the air and sends the two card players scrambling. The smell of smoke suddenly fills the air as everyone covers their eyes from the flaring brightness.

And then you each hear the faint, muffled sound of numerous people screaming. It sounds as if they come from far below like burning victims in a basement.

And then the light and the screams are gone. The cards lay on the table unscorched. The table has not a mark. The only thing to tell you it wasn't a hallucination is the smell of burnt flesh still lingering in the air.

With great trepidation Zokar makes his way to the table. He flips over the drawn card that made the winning hand.

It shows a small army of enraged peasants marching amid a field of flames...

"The Uprising," the big man says before making the spiral gesture to Pharasma in front of his heart. "The portent of overwhelming strength that catches you up in something much more powerful." He says looking very shaken. "Pharasma preserve us."

Moments later Zokar has ushered the card players and the group out. Closing the door with a harder than need slam. The two card players say nothing as they walk off in the night, looking over their shoulders at the group with every other step.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori mimics the sign of Pharasma made by Zokar and looks more than a little troubled himself. "That can only mean bad things. Very, bad things, indeed." He sighs and looks gloomily back at the closed door of Zokar's establishment and then at the wary cardplayers. "And since we are the strangers here I'm sure it'll all be blamed on us and a few days from now we'll wake up with pitchforks in our guts. We shouldn't have expected differently, I suppose; that's just the way things are."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna watches the events with curiosity, It appears to be something a kin to magic and she wonders what happened.

Outside she agrees with Gregori, "Quite. No doubt that the masses will blame the dark-skinned elven witch for any troubles. Best I have a good alibi."

Spellcraft 1d20+6=17

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Yeah, things are likely not going to be pleasant 'round here once word of this gets around, either for us or for our host."

[sblock=OOC]Tried a skill check:
Knowledge Check (1d20+6=11)

That will work for Local, Nature, Religion and The Planes (all at the same bonus) - but is likely not good enough to get me any info.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan

"That spectacle wasn't my doing. Speaking of which, I need to check on my little friend. Are you coming along or going back to the house?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I'll come along. Someone's got to keep you out of trouble!" His avian features are somewhat difficult to read, but he at least appears to be joking.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Firvinianna speaks up, "I am not tired yet, so I will come along. You never know, you might need me to drop another coffin or something." The last comment is spoken wryly, indicating she is not being serious about the coffin despite her expression.

"Speaking of your friend, Marshan. Does he have a tendency to get into trouble?"

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori gapes at the half-elven woman then breaks out into a grin and chuckles. "We'll make a proper Ustalavan out you, yet." When Marshan asks if others wish to travel back to the graveyard with him Gregori makes a motion with his arms as if to say, 'Of course!' but then says, "I have neither arms nor armor but I'm willing to go. Things that lurk in graveyards at night aren't slowed by either arms or armor anyway." He rubs his heavily whiskered chin thoughtfully. "Unless they're just normal graverobbers."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases