Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

Blood and Honor

First Post
Merik looks to the woman. "I bid you no harm. I to am in search of the reasons behind the Professors death. He was a friend of mine and I was told by his daughter that I may find you here. I assure you I am here to help."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Valanar steps up to impose himself between Bella and the man also not wanting any conflict. "Piedra is right. The dead walk Harrowstone like maggots on a corpse."

He looks to the others, "Another strong arm will not go amiss and I believe after that last encounter one of us should hold watch out here. If the entire group was to fall within the confines of the structure there would be no one to know, no one to mount a rescue, or to finish the work that we have started. We must find out what The Whispering Way sought here."

"I will stand watch. You sir what is your name?" He says asking the bowman.

"Merik."

"Then Merik if your intentions are honorable, and I have little doubt they are. I charge you with the protection of my friends and bid you help them find the truth as to what went on here." The paladin says with a look to Bella.

[sblock=Bella] Remembering the Harrow reading Bella knows now who the Twin refereed to when it showed someone undecided in their faith. It was Valanar. He may be the Betrayer then as well.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"We're just here to find out about the place for now," reminds Triessa, still panting from her panic before. "Not fight the ghosts that haunt it. Not yet. We need the warden's office, or record rooms, but it's not as if there are maps."

Blood and Honor

First Post
"I assure my intentions are to find out what is going on in this place and to find out why my friend is dead." Merik looks to the group as he removes his bow from his back and takes a few practice pulls. "Is anyone hurt?"

ghostcat

First Post
"So can anyone stop the wee beastie scaring us again. I've not s**t myself so much since I was five and a cave bear smashed its way into our home." says Piedra

Eyeing Merik's bow, Piedra says "You any good with that thing? If you are we have some special arrows that you can use. To tell you the truth, I'd rather use my axe."

jackslate45

First Post
"Well met Merik. I am Elthos, and it is a pleasure to meet you. As for being hurt, we have been able to silence most things that confront us with little harm. " Elthos says. "I am glad we have another skilled fighter on our side."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Bella looks at Valanar with a curiosity and revelation. Something had changed, and she wondered just how the cards would fall now. There was a Betrayer still out there, and she was unsure as to who that could be. She realizes that her hands had seized her card, as she looks down.

"Things seem to be coming to fruition. The cards will need to be heeded, for there is still a Betrayer to deal with."

She let's the others fill in the rest in their minds, as she turns to the newcomer. "As long as you don't run away scared at the first ghost that starts throwing things at you then hopefully I won't have to chase you all out again. We might be better starting to the left this time?"

She turns back to the entrance, reaching for the door before looking back. "Everyone ready?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group cautiously returns to Harrowstone. Following the doors to the west they discover a set of offices that have not been touched in years. Paperwork to do with almost every aspect of the prison can be found among those in these four small rooms.

It takes some time but the group finally pieces together most of the information and begins to read through it.

[sblock=OOC] Ok here's a chance to level up. The paperwork can be used to make a Know check about the five prisoners. Use either know(history) or know(local) and the paper work grants you a +4 bonus to the roll.

Even if you are untrained you are allowed to make checks as if trained.

You need to hit DC 20 and in your roll you need to list if this is an know check or an aid check. You could aid another (+4 still applies) if someone gets close.

Please post according to your rolls. And good luck.[/sblock]

Attachments

• CC-DW-1b.jpg
    CC-DW-1b.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 79

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra tries looking at some of the papers but couldn't make head or tail of it. Finally, thinking he is on to something he says "I think that the warden and the guards are actually the people we're after."

[sblock=OOC]Critical failure means that he has totally mus-interpreted the information.its going to take some time to persuade him otherwise.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads