HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál looks to Firvin; seeing her intention to speak to the children he decides to do what he can to help . . . as he gets closer he surreptitiously begins to skip and shuffle in time with the jump rope, his movements becoming slightly more pronounced the closer he gets.

Not too much, now. I'm just a big silly bird, subtle's the word.

[sblock=Actions]Aid Another (Diplomacy) (1d20=13)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori Ostov - Ranger/Alchemist

Gregori grins at the morbid song and hums along to the familiar tune.

"Now that's a right Ustalavan song! My sisters used to jump to something similiar, before... well, when they were little."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna looks at Gregori with some curiosity and asks, "So you are saying this tune is normal."

Perhaps there really is nothing special about the words.

After gaining further insight, she puts on a smile and tries to befriend the little urchins. She makes some small talk and tries to inquire about the lyrics after a few minutes.

Her attempt would have been bungled completely if it were not for the Tengu's and Gregori's assistance.

Diplomacy (1d20+6=9)

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori has the decency to look abashed.

"Well, no," he says backpedaling. "The tune is a common one but the words are a bit macabre even for Ustalavan children. And different than the ones I remember."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The girls stop their skipping as the group approaches. The stand huddled together in a line quietly with their eyes on the ground. Only the youngest (possibly 8 or 9) looks up smiling and giggling at Halá's antics.

They don't speak or look up until a woman calls to them from a house nearby. Hearing their mother's call they quickly grab the rope and run to her. Leaving the group standing alone in the street to wonder at the strangeness of the encounter.

OOC: Just something to refer back to later (in case you get stuck). Where to next?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna watches the children run away, managing to stifle a sigh before it escapes.

Those children are so like many others, afraid or apprehensive due to the color of my skin. Nothing to be done about it... Little urchins.

Putting them out of her mind, she looks to her companions.

"I believe we intended to ask the Sheriff about the entombed artifacts, did we not. Or should we go see the grumpy Father and find out what he is doing with the fey creature. Perhaps he will be of more assistance now."

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Satin Knights

First Post
"Let's give the sheriff an hour or two before we drop a new situation in his lap." chuckling. "We can go see how the old priest is doing with Jack. If he is in a real friendly mood, we can ask him about the tools. But, I suspect that he wants to be rid of us as soon as possible. If he doesn't want to hear requests from us, we can go back to the sheriff."

"Someone else should talk to the old coot though. He and I don't see eye to eye. My tenants are to put plants in the ground to feed people. His are to put people in the ground. To feed what?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I'll try to speak with him again. Though it hasn't made much difference so far, our faith gives us some common ground. Possibly he'll have softened toward us as we saved one of his parishioners from an early grave."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Hmm, hmm, tricksy father tells a lie... What? Oh, yes, by all means, let us go chat with Father Grumble though he doesn't seem the sort to change his mind. Steadfastness. Good Ustalavan trait, that."

Gregori is still humming snatches of the jumping song as they begin the walk to the temple.

Remove ads