HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group heads to the Laughing Demon after dinner for a relaxing drink and discover on their way that the locals are setting up some kind of dance around the gazebo in the center of town.

There are farmers with homemade instruments as well as those with what look like well made items. They seem to be stringing lights, for it will be dark soon, as well as putting out a few benches and chairs. After passing by on to the tavern the group will be able to check out the festivity on their way back.

At the Laughing Demon they share another round of drinks and talk with Zakor. The owner is excited to make his way to the gazebo, saying the folk need a little pick me up after all the strangeness recently.

Soon the music can be heard and Zakor starts shooing people out. "Just take your drinks with you. But come on let's not miss the fun."

Outside Toddy watches as the dancing starts.

OCC: Perception checks after leaving the tavern and heading to the gazebo please.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál drinks sparingly but eats well. When Zakor begins herding everyone out to the gazebo he's still nursing his first drink. Nevertheless, he's caught up in the music and the spectacle of the dance, and manages to bump into several people on his way out of the Laughing Demon.

OOC: Even with his (excellent) Perception, Halál can't come close to a 36 . . . 'course, with a natural one he's oblivious to pretty much everything anyway.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"Boss, they are dancing out here."

Marshan finishes his drink in one gulp, leaving the glass behind so his hands are free. He heads out to the party. Toddy lags behind, but keeps within his distance.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori tries to get a moment to chat with Zokar before getting shooed from the bar to ask him if he procures his own alchemical reagents or if there is a dealer in town where Gregori might be able to acquire some items of his own.

Once outside the bar he'll gladly join in the festivities and he'll ask one of the friendlier townspersons what the event is.

"Ho there, friend! What's the celebration about?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna follows her companions towards the gazebo, "A chance for revelry may help improve our luck. Perhaps I should perform a song."

She politely declines to dance with some teenage yokel that was too drunk to be scared of her, not wanting to offend the lithe maiden with brown pig-tails that eyed her suspiciously when the boy approached her.
The dark skinned elf winks knowingly at the girl and sends the boy back in her direction.

With all of this going on, Firvin doesn't notice much else.

Perception (1d20+7=13)

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The music starts to play and everyone walks towards the gazebo in a fine mood.

buzzzzzz.....buzzzzzz....

As everyone nears they see they are coming in towards the rear of the festivities. A dancing area has been made up on the other side and the impromptu band plays along with their backs to the group for now.

buzzzzzz....buzzzzzzz.....

"What is that? It almost sounds like bees trying to sing." Firvin asks looking around but not seeing anything.

"I don't know, but... Ouch! Something bit me!" Toddy exclaims. "And now it's stuck to me!"

Halál moves quickly over and suddenly let's out a shout of his own. "AWWKKK!! Stirges!" the tengu shouts knowing the beast that is now clamped on his shoulder.

"Stirges? These are Ustalavan Mosquito-Hawks!" Gergori yells moving over to help Toddy. Drawing his throwing axe the ranger cuts most of the beast off the eidolon's back with a surgeons precision.

As he moved Firvin wasted no time and called forth a bolt of magical energy that slams into the one on Halál's shoulder. The beast sways but doesn't let go. The emissary takes matters into hand (and a dagger as well) and cuts the head clean off the creature and tossing the remains to the ground.

Toddy also gets rid of the beast attached to him and gives Gergori a nod, and a whispered "Thanks."

The battle over Firvin stands over the remains as the music behind her plays on. Then her eyes widen as she realizes what it is that is bothering her. "I think those things were drawn by the music. The buzzing like singing, and I swear their wings looked to be flapping in time with the music as the hung on to the two of you." she says eyeing the dead beast in wonder. "Very strange behavior, don't you think."

OOC: CR 1 XP 400

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Sorceress

Firvinianna looks at Toddy and Halál and continues speaking, "Are you two okay?"

"If I am correct, we need to warn the rest of the yokels about these creatures. If they believe us, at least it will get us some more goodwill.
"

However she wonders if the townsfolk have already thought of this and have wards in place, Maybe the smoke from torches keeps the giant mosquitoes at bay and we were just unlucky to be caught too far away.

With Firvin thinking she needs to start convincing people of the danger, she looks at the crowd to see if she can spot a leader or someone in charge of things.

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Firvinianna Laali

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Halál scratches at his shoulder, his avian features twisted in irritation. Well, don't I give credence to the phrase 'bird-brained,' letting those overgrown mosquitoes get the drop on me!

He takes a moment to compose himself before turning to answer Firvin. "Not OK, exactly, but it's nothing a couple of days of recuperation won't fix, I think. Thanks for asking." His gaze sweeps the others. "Anyone else take any harm?"

He looks thoughtful when the bard speaks of warning the townsfolk. "I agree. Not only might it gain us some goodwill, but I'd also be unable to face myself if I let the townsfolk - not able to defend themselves as we are - go about unwarned."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori nods his agreement as he wipes the blood from his throwing axe.

"Aye, let's warn the folks that their music attracts strange and dangerous creatures."

He'll start heading in the direction of the musicians.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases