[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I was enjoying it fine. I just was waiting for someone to unlock the chest before posting again. Feeling a bit defensive, largely because I haven't had much time to post in the past week or two as usual...and even my 'usual' isn't that great. :( I hate to think that's prematurely ending a game though!)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think it is what it is. When a game sits for 4 days without anyone posting, it is not the same thing as waiting for one person to take their turn.

People being busy is one thing, but everyone had posted in other threads during this time. As a group, the interest is just not there. If it were, the other characters would be posting more frequently.

Normally I would take this as a failing on my part for not having an interesting enough adventure. But, like I said, this one ran fine with two other groups in PbP so I don't think it is that.

While you all could keep roleplaying and I could run another encounter, I don't get any satisfaction from such slow paced games either. If none of the players are interested to post daily on a regular basis, then I lose interest in turn. It becomes a downward spiral.

To be clear, I am not offended nor angry at anyone. I just feel it is time. I know what it feels like to have the itch to dump a character and move on to a different one, so I think it for the best that we wrap this up and Mowgli and Mfloyd3 can do their thing.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Run Time 113 days; Everyone advanced a level on 17 Apr (@98days)
Pari:
XP: 12972(start) + 880(Enc) + 2744(98x28) + 660(15x44) = 17256XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 3038(98x31) + 630(15x42) = +5729.2GP

Garnet:
XP: 8903(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 420(15x28) = 12359XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Maia:
XP: 8338(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 420(15x28) = 11794XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Veniarus:
XP: 3745(start) + 880(Enc) + 1470(98x15) + 330(15x22) = 6425XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 1666(98x17) + 375(15x25) = +3512GP

DMC = 7.91

Looks like a math error in the numbers. Fixed and approved.

EDIT: Updated Adventure Tracking page

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Well, you're right that it's not good to force a game...there's a difference between due diligence to keep a game going, and applying de-fib paddles to a dead patient. And you're also right not to point fingers or make it any worse than it has to be. While I don't see any fault in my having waited this particular time...I know that I have been slow to post many times in the past, and that I therefore must shoulder my share of responsibility. If I had been more responsive before, then the people who we needed to post now might never have lost interest. So for that, I apologize to you and the others in the game.

Looks like I need to re-assess my games again.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
thanks for the adventures Perrin, despite the difficulties we faced I really enjoyed them. I think it is time for Veniarus to return to the Dunn Wright Inn now. I look forward to adventuring with each of you again sometime.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
If I had been more responsive before, then the people who we needed to post now might never have lost interest.
Maybe, maybe not. Dunno. Character interaction between players (or even NPCs) is what makes things interesting to me and often is what generates the interest and drive to want to play the game.

I like combat and tactics too.

RP gamers are fickle and if the creativity is not happening, then often procrastination occurs.

Thanks, GE.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sorry for my lack, PM. I think I got bogged down in the question of the Whitecloaks and what to do with them, then at some point while I was trying to decide how Pari would handle it when they came in I lost the game.

Also, I've had trouble keeping track of what's going on - my fault completely - and this got me bogged down. A bad habit of mine that's caused some difficulty in other games as well is that when I'm confused about how to proceed I tend to sit and wait for others to take the lead rather than "thrash around," when I really should just do something. The impact of this approach was magnified for this game, where Pari and the confusion about his identity was the focus of the plot. In any case, I was enjoying the game so no worries about your source material or your approach.

At the very least, I really should have communicated to the group that while Pari's reallly good as noticing or finding things, he's got diddly when it comes to opening locks. He can't do anything about actually getting into the chest.

In any case, I owe everyone else an apology as well - hard to push forward when the protagonist isn't carrying his weight :blush: . . . Sorry about this, guys. Though you've been good about not pointing fingers, I'll "man up" and recognize that this is my bad.

As an aside, I've actually been ambivalent about retiring Pari vs. starting a third character, and haven't really decided which way I'll go yet. This might have had something to do with my lack of posting, but I'm really not sure it did.

mfloyd3

Explorer
I want to join everyone else in thanking PM for the game, and also say that I regret letting Garnet go dark. I parked Garnet at the door and said she was "on watch" rather than engaging in the scene, which was not a productive thing to do. So, thanks for a good game.

Best,
M

perrinmiller

Adventurer
You guys are welcome. :) This was a long run with some of you and I had hoped with the intermission we might regain some momentum.

I appreciate you all sharing responsibility for things, and I do believe some of this is my fault as well. And while we are at it, we were still carrying some baggage from Ausk and Heinrich not really bringing more to the character interaction either.

I am not just being nice, I really am not blaming any one person on this.

After you all regroup, level up and assess what you are planning to do, I might have an idea or two for something to DM again. I am leaving Ariel hanging around for color in the DWI scenery and may use her again as a filler NPC to provide extra healing/power for smaller groups that I DM.

I think I might end up running short things for fewer people for awhile to help keep people from stagnating in between other DMs adventures.

Shayuri

First Post
Aww! Group hug! I mean...in a back-slapping, manly kind of way. (^_^)

Anyway, it's been a good ride, and I am glad I took part. I'll take some time to scratch my head and work out Maia's post-adventure stuff, then put her back in the inn. Might take some downtime to get my affairs in better order too, so my next adventure can count on better support from me!

Rar!

Seey'all in the Inn!

Remove ads