[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Rogar's beard!" grumbles Garnet, looking at the tiger, half-grateful, half-concerned. Every so often the creature reminds her that it is truly a beast. "Well done," she mutters to the tiger.

"Krell's down!" She calls, weapon still at the ready. "Are any of the rest of 'em still standing?"

[sblock=Garnet stat block]
Garnet
Initiative: +3, +5 underground
AC: 23 (21 flat-footed, 12 Touch); +2 vs. aberrations
HP: 45 Current: 45
CMB: +6 CMD: 19; bonuses vs. aberrations
Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +2; bonuses vs. poisons, spells, spell-like abilities & fear
Current Weapon in Hand:
+1 Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +08, Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3
Bashing Light Shield: Attack: +07 Damage: 1d6+3

TWF: -2 attk w/both wpns, STR/2 dmg w/off-hand (shield)
+1 to-hit vs. Goblins
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After hearing the call that Krell was down, Veniarus cautiously walks into the main area of the building and says to the others, "Looks like they are all at the very least unconscious. I suggest that we try to prevent the deaths of any survivors lest we be accused of murder or some triviality. Additionally it might be beneficial if we knew why they were after one of you. I doubt it was simply a case of mistaken identity."

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats] Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +2
Perception: +2
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 15 Current // 23 Total
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +4
Save Modifiers: +1 Cloak of Resistance

Current Weapon: +1 Light Crossbow, Loaded, +5 (1d8+1)

Augmented Summon Monster II: 6/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 0/4 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message, Resistance, Acid Splash
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Grease, Life Conduit[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel shrugs, "I'd let them two out there carry on to the after-life. Did you not already have to defeat that half-orc brute once before?"

"I will save the priestess, though. I think we want to interrogate her, no? I will take care of our wounds afterward.
"

Moving over to the fallen woman responsible for all of the mayhem, she uses her skill at healing to provide first aid to prevent her death. She doesn't take actions to bring Cassatta to consciousness yet, though.

[sblock=Actions]Heal Skill, Take 10[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 5/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Shayuri

First Post
Still a bit dazed from the confusion of battle, Maia went over to look more closely at Casatta.

"So much suffering. It seems sad, doesn't it? Even if she was a very proud, disagreeable person she's still a person. Now she's lost everything except her life, all because of a simple misunderstanding that could have easily been resolved if she'd just listened."

She bit her lip as she stared down at the fallen priestess. "As mean as she was, this won't make her any better, will it? She won't see this as a lesson she needs to learn to grow. She'll see it as an insult, and a challenge."

Finally the aasimar wrenches herself away, overcome with a dawning sorrow at the futility of it all. Unable to look at what she had helped bring about, she instead looks into the room Casatta had come out of, hoping to find answers there. Maybe there would be something that explained more about the "madarius" conundrum, and how it had come to this.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet hesitates at Ariel's words, looking down at Krell and Fenrig. Goblins were vermin, but loathsome as these were, they were part of the city.

"I'll fight within city walls," Garnet says carefully. "But I'll not play executioner. That duty belongs to the law of the city. I say we save those that we can."

Shayuri

First Post
Maia hears Garnet, and nods. She comes back out and hurries around to help those she can before it's too late. Her own experience in the making of bodies translated well into stopping them from leaking as well, she was pleased to note.

(Taking 10 on Heal checks for 19, I'll go around to whoever Ariel doesn't and stabilize who I can.)

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet nods gratefully to Maia. "Don't wake them," she warns, and checks the exterior of the building one more time to see if the commotion has drawn any attention.

OOC:
PM, anyone on the wharf looking over?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari stands down somewhat reluctantly, the adrenaline still coursing through his body. He moves to check on Tagaiwi, approaching slowly and from the front as he's well aware of the tiger's ferocity when his blood-lust is aroused. He nods to Garnet as he rounds the shelves and his Dwarven friend comes into view.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
While all of this is happening Veniarus dismisses the Celestial Dog and sits down to recouperate, unfortunately Veniarus has expended most of his spells for the day, and as such he is unwilling to risk bringing Kalius back to the physical world as he would be unable to heal his friend as of yet.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The dying are stabilized, though nothing could be done for the half-orc guard and the mage.

Checking out front, there are a few curious passersby at the head of the pier. There was quite the commotion of fighting at the front of the building for more than a few moments. It is entirely possible, one of the onlookers could have already rushed off to find the Whitecloaks without you being aware of it.

Remove ads