[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet hesitates a moment, weighing the group's options. "Can someone check the office?" she calls. "If we have to explain this fight to the Whitecloaks, we'll look more convincing if we've got evidence they were up to something."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus nods, though he would have been of more use to the others if Kalius were present to aid in the search. However that said he heads to the back room to attempt to search it for anything of relavence to there purpose here.

OOC: If there is time, I would like to take a 20 on a search check which would give a result of a 22 on the perception roll associated with the search check. Going to also add in a Detect Magic Cantrip to assist in the search as well.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The small room the back of the building contains a small desk, a wooden chest, a cot, and a pile of bedrolls. The desk contains only the accounting records for the store itself and apparently the business is not very profitable. The bank is likely to foreclose on the property once they realize that the owner is dead or missing.

There is nothing in the office showing a magical aura. However, the banded mail, light shield, and mace at Cassatta's waist are magical.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari gives Tagaiwi an encouraging scratch under the chin. "Come along, Tags. Let's go help Venarius."

Pari leads the tiger to the back of the shop, then sets him to Guard the door.

[sblock=OOC]Pari will also take 20 if there's time (for a total of 34).[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I didn't find anything of use in here, but that doesn't mean there is anything. Though, now that I am looking at it, it appears this armor, the shield, and her mace are all of magical quality." Veniarus says pointing out the items he had identified as magical in nature.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

After peeking into the office and seeing the bedrolls, Ariel suggests, "Let's put the unconscious prisoners in the office. Then, I can deal with our wounds."

Seeing the other two search the room and bedrolls not finding anything, she asks, "Did you look in that chest, there? Or do you think it is trapped?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 5/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Shayuri

First Post
Maia finds no flaw in Ariel's suggestion and carefully moves the ones she stabilized into the office and onto bedrolls.

"I can help with wounds,"
she offers...then deflates a little. "...but I don't know anything about traps. I'm sorry."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Unlocking the chest reveals the priestess's treasury (TBG awards) and collecting the valuables from your foes takes about 10 minutes. Afterward, the first of several Whitecloaks arrive on scene and it takes some explaining of the situation, but in the end you are free to go and can take your spoils with you.

GM: Hmm, I guess it is time to pull the plug on this one. With Pari and Garnet likely being retired, I can see the lack of RP interest going on and I am not really excited about continuing further myself under these circumstances.

This was the third time I ran Daggers at Midnight in PbP and the other two groups had no problem enjoying the adventure and kept moving along. So I am not sure it was the source material.

I updated the opening post of the thread for the treasure and I put together final numbers. [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] for review.
[Sblock=Awards]Run Time 113 days; Everyone advanced a level on 17 Apr (@98days)
Pari:
XP: 12972(start) + 880(Enc) + 2744(98x28) + 660(15x44) = 17256XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 3038(98x31) + 630(15x42) = +5729.2GP

Garnet:
XP: 8903(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 375(15x28) = 12314XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Maia:
XP: 8338(start) + 880(Enc) + 2156(98x22) + 375(15x28) = 11749XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 590.2(Treasury) + 2450(98x25) + 465(15x31) = +4976.2GP

Veniarus:
XP: 3745(start) + 880(Enc) + 1470(98x15) + 330(15x22) = 6425XP
GP: +1471(Enc) + 1372(98x17) + 375(15x25) = +3218GP