[LPF] Daggers at Midnight II

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Sound advice," mutters Garnet. "We should all carry a tanglefoot bag or two."

"As to what we know of the place, she is at a building on the docks called Sunderham Imports. She has some followers, and a gang leader, Krell, may be there, perhaps with some thugs. Though we left him few enough of those," she adds with bitter satisfaction.

Shayuri

First Post
"Fire doesn't work too well against her," Maia warned. "And she heals from wounds caused by ordinary weapons. She's strong because she's hard to hurt. She didn't have anything like a crossbow to shoot from a distance though. She used a long jabby thing like you and Garnet."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Okay then I guess we each need at least an enchanted weapon and a tanglefoot bag in order to deal with this issue." Veniarus says glancing over at Kalius.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

The cleric frowns as she realizes her fiery spells will not be so helpful. But, she shrugs it off thinking that her minions might be another matter entirely.

Ariel raises an eyebrow, "It did not carry a ranged weapon, eh? You don't suppose she would have changed that do you?"

Thinking about the location, she asks, "Do any of you have some local knowledge about the place? Would she be able to fly around in the place?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Lessor Restoration, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I know absolutely nothing about the place, sadly. I didn't even know it existed until Gregor told us about it." He looks around at the others. "In regards to tactics for this fight . . . it occurs to me that we'll need someone to deal with the riff-raff she'll have with her, maybe keep them off the flanks of whomever carries the fight to her. If I go after Cassatta using my bow, Tagaiwi can work to keep the rabble off of me. Any other ideas?"

[sblock=OOC]Was actually thinking the same thing Ariel did about his previous spell selection being pretty good vs. minions, but I think I'll have him choose some with Cassatta in mind since he's the one she's after.[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I will take a similar approach, Kalius can protect us from the rabble, while we focus more heavily on the woman in question. As for the area in question, I am afraid I know very little about the city, so I will be of little use on this topic." Veniarus explains to the others. He then turns and begins walking towards the exit saying "We should continue this discussion at the Mystic Pearle."

OOC: Now that we have nailed down basically what we are planning, I am going to make some basic purchases, pending everyone else agreeing to accompany Ven to the Pearle.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel shrugs, "If we care not for the place of business, a fireball might be just the thing." She looks askance at Veniarus as the last time she mentioned burning foes he had objections.

She nods at the mention of getting moving, "Indeed, let us depart and go shopping."

In response to Garnet's comment, she says to Maia, "Elder sister, what is that you need to purchase with all your coins?"

OOC: Swapping Lessor Restoration for another Hold Person, unless someone thinks she keep that in reserve. Or I could have her take two Sound Bursts.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: I think Hold Person is ideal. What does everyone else think?

As the group arrives at the Mystic Pearl, Veniarus looks for a shop that sells Weapons both mundane and magical. Once there he asks the shop keep if he can trade his Crossbow in for a magical version of said Crossbow. This way he can have a chance of injuring the woman they are after as well as fighting with better accuracy.

Remove ads